Wiki Posts
Search

Where does all the hummus go?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 26, 2019, 2:21 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SE100K, Bonvoy Ambassador, National Executive
Where does all the hummus go?

Today I was sadly sat in the back for my YYZ-YYC flight and for what must be the fourth time in a row the attendants had run out of hummus and chips when they got to my row. Now if I was sat in row 27 I could understand this but I was in row 13! Literally 4 people got served before me and there was no hummus
The flight attendant tried to explain that all the Latitude passengers had probably ordered it but we were on a CRJ so I highly doubt it, I'm curious do they only load 1 or 2 of them as its pretty much the only edible thing in the back

I know I should have bought something in YYZ but I barely made the flight
Old Nov 26, 2019, 2:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by MME2YYZ
Today I was sadly sat in the back for my YYZ-YYC flight and for what must be the fourth time in a row the attendants had run out of hummus and chips when they got to my row. Now if I was sat in row 27 I could understand this but I was in row 13! Literally 4 people got served before me and there was no hummus
The flight attendant tried to explain that all the Latitude passengers had probably ordered it but we were on a CRJ so I highly doubt it, I'm curious do they only load 1 or 2 of them as its pretty much the only edible thing in the back

The Air Canada Cafe sometimes offers hummus and veggie snacks.
Old Nov 26, 2019, 2:30 pm

Programs: TK *G
My guess is the flight is double catered and they ran out of some items on previous flight.

And AC now uses CRJ for YYZ-YYC?
Old Nov 26, 2019, 2:40 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Air Canada - Case of the Missing Hummus?
Old Nov 26, 2019, 2:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by songsc
My guess is the flight is double catered and they ran out of some items on previous flight.

And AC now uses CRJ for YYZ-YYC?
OP must have the itinerary wrong. Should not be YYZ-YYC.
Old Nov 26, 2019, 2:58 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SE100K, Bonvoy Ambassador, National Executive
I was on AC 139 this morning YYZ-YYC and it was an Embraer 190
Old Nov 26, 2019, 3:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Right, an E90 is much more possible than a CRJ...
Old Nov 26, 2019, 3:02 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..

Indeed.
Would that be a reason for missing hummus, or other BoB?

.DOAC139/26NOV
* OPERATIONAL FLIGHT INFO * AC 139 0 TU 26NOV19
CITY INFO HOUR (LOCAL)

YYZ ESTIMATED TIME OF DEPARTURE 1025
DELAY LOADING/UNLOADING
LEFT THE GATE 1025
TOOK OFF 1039
PLANE IS LATE (IN HOURS MINUTES) 0015
BOARDING
ESTIMATED TIME OF ARRIVAL 1228 YYC
YYC AIRCRAFT LANDED 1232
ARRIVED 1241
*1A PLANNED FLIGHT INFO* AC 139 0 TU 26NOV19
APT ARR DY DEP DY CLASS/MEAL EQP GRND EFT TTL
YYZ 1010 TU JCDZPR/M Y/F E90 4:20
BMUHQVWGSTL/F
AK/F F/-
YYC 1230 TU 4:20
Old Nov 26, 2019, 3:10 pm

Programs: *$ Green
I remember buying PR07 on a few occasions, and every time the FAs came to see me specifically before they started running out of stuff, or even before overall service.

With this, I can easily see things being gone by the time they reach the second row of Y since they may have asked quite a few customers for their choice?

But this was a long time ago, so maybe they don't do that anymore.
canadiancow likes this.
Old Nov 26, 2019, 3:10 pm

Programs: AC SE
Originally Posted by Stranger
Right, an E90 is much more possible than a CRJ...
Given that they use the CRJ-900 on YYC-IAH which is ~1740 miles, I'm sure it's possible to use it on a ~1670 mile YYC-YYZ as a shorter route. So it could be possible, but highly unlikely ;-)

That being said, I don't want to give AC any ideas, as I'd wish they'd keep the CR9's to routes under ~1200 miles.
Old Nov 26, 2019, 3:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by gcashin
Given that they use the CRJ-900 on YYC-IAH which is ~1740 miles, I'm sure it's possible to use it on a ~1670 mile YYC-YYZ as a shorter route. So it could be possible, but highly unlikely ;-)

That being said, I don't want to give AC any ideas, as I'd wish they'd keep the CR9's to routes under ~1200 miles.
At some point in the past the E90 was fairly common on YYC-YYZ, but no longer, so I was surprised that it showed up. OTOH, we might see the A223 on the route at off-peak times. Although right now it shows up on YYC-YUL and of January or early February. This said I have not checked YYC-YYZ.
Old Nov 26, 2019, 3:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC

This also applies to other BOB food items that go quickly in Y.
Old Nov 26, 2019, 3:40 pm

Programs: E50K, *Gold, WS Gold,VIA Premier, VIPorter
Originally Posted by gcashin

It’s also shorter than YVR-ORD (and similar winds on that route as it’s east west).
Old Nov 26, 2019, 4:46 pm

Programs: TK *G
This may be another factor, smaller airplane means less storage space, and longer route means more people are likely to order.
Old Nov 26, 2019, 4:54 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Anyone entitled to free food almost always gets asked before general service starts.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.