Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Where in the World are AC Flight Passes Available?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 10, 2019, 10:13 am
Original Poster

It would appear that the flight passes that AC is so well known for is offered in multiple countries with different pricings product offerings.

Here's the familiar Canadian flight pass offerings per their website (selecting an Ontario residency since they require it for some bizarre reason):

... and here's the same flight pass website when visited from the US edition of AC.com:

I cannot comment on which edition is better value I suppose it really depends on the routings in question. However, I suspect the US version may be slightly a bit cheaper due to the absence of sales tax. However, the US flight passes in theory require US residency and address to purchase.

I check a couple other countries (Australia, UK, France, and Mexico) and didn't see a flight pass offering in those countries. Would be curious to see if there are other countries that offer similar country specific flight pass offerings.

Safe Travels,

James
Old Nov 12, 2019, 9:15 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Bonvoy Titanium, Nexus
Air Canada prices their flight passes with sales tax included. Keep in mind that the GST on a pass to the US will be minimal.

Canadian resident rates are lower.
Old Nov 13, 2019, 3:58 pm

Programs: AC*SE, Wyndham Dimond, Marriott Plat, Amex Plat CND & USA, active military, Yoga teacher.
I Have a USA address but i am not able to get Canadian flight passes. I have to go on my moms account and buy them for 2 person.
Old Nov 13, 2019, 4:11 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by LesDorgo
I Have a USA address but i am not able to get Canadian flight passes. I have to go on my moms account and buy them for 2 person.
Generally speaking, flight passes sold on the US website should be available for US residents and those sold on the Canadian edition should be available for Canadian residents. There are ways around that and it's unclear if these rules are even enforceable for Canadian citizens residing elsewhere as it seems to be violating some Transport Canada guidelines.

One other rumour I should dispel. Although the flight pass requires you to have an Aeroplan account, you don't have to credit said milage to Aeroplan. In my case I had a couple flight passes where I had the flights booked credited to my UA account. This can be done during the flight booking process from the pass where there will be a section to enter in your frequent flyer. It can also be done during OLCI or heaven forbid at the airport.

Safe Travels,

James

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.