Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Air Canada will move to PHX T3N concourse

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 29, 2019, 10:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward

Hi all,

Soon Air Canada will be at new PHX T3N concourse. Once new T3N concourse is open in between January or February during at that time. They will share United Club lounge for Air Canada passengers.
Old Oct 30, 2019, 8:40 am
formerly BackSlash3

Programs: AC P25, Marriott Gold, IHG Diamond AMB
Originally Posted by N830MH
Hi all,

Soon Air Canada will be at new PHX T3N concourse. Once new T3N concourse is open in between January or February during at that time. They will share United Club lounge for Air Canada passengers.
It figures that once the Centurion lounge is being built at T4 AC would announce a terminal change.

dang it.
asovse1 likes this.
Old Oct 30, 2019, 9:29 am

So the Air Canada PHX to YVR and YYC flights go to T3?

Rouge, which we’ve been told is a separate, distinct and unique brand, operates all flights from PHX to YYZ and YUL. Do they stay in T4 at the B gates?

Then again, I’ve never seen any Rouge branding at PHX. It’s all Air Canada branding.

It’s a bit like ordering a new IPhone 11 from Amazon and having a 20 year old flip phone arrive on your doorstep.

Over promise, under deliver.
Old Oct 30, 2019, 10:43 am
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by RoutingWonk
It figures that once the Centurion lounge is being built at T4 AC would announce a terminal change.

dang it.
I believe this was actually announced ages ago. It's just now getting close to happening.

Originally Posted by HangTen
So the Air Canada PHX to YVR and YYC flights go to T3?

Rouge, which we’ve been told is a separate, distinct and unique brand, operates all flights from PHX to YYZ and YUL. Do they stay in T4 at the B gates?

Then again, I’ve never seen any Rouge branding at PHX. It’s all Air Canada branding.
All AC service to PHX will move together, rouge, mainline, Express. Rouge isn't really a separate, distinct brand. It's a sub-brand of AC. If you want separate and distinct, look at QF and JQ, or Telus and Koodo.
Old Oct 30, 2019, 2:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Adam Smith
I believe this was actually announced ages ago. It's just now getting close to happening.

All AC service to PHX will move together, rouge, mainline, Express. Rouge isn't really a separate, distinct brand. It's a sub-brand of AC. If you want separate and distinct, look at QF and JQ, or Telus and Koodo.
That is correct! All Air Canada passengers had go through US Preclearance facility. No need go through T4 customs anymore.
Old Oct 30, 2019, 4:09 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
That is correct! All Air Canada passengers had go through US Preclearance facility. No need go through T4 customs anymore.
There was no need to go through US customs in PHX before. Pax did US pre-clearance in Canada, and arrived at PHX as a domestic flight.
Old Oct 30, 2019, 6:56 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite. NEXUS
Originally Posted by HangTen

I've never seen Rouge branding anywhere, ever, on the ground.
Old Oct 30, 2019, 6:57 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite. NEXUS
Not in more than a decade.

There are 0 scheduled commercial flights from Canada to the US that don't have pre-clearance.
Old Oct 30, 2019, 8:49 pm

Programs: AC SEMM, Nexus
Originally Posted by RangerNS

There are 0 scheduled commercial flights from Canada to the US that don't have pre-clearance.

YYJ-SEA would be the exception that I know of.
Nitehawk likes this.
Old Oct 30, 2019, 8:52 pm

YYJ-SEA (AS). YXE-MSP (DL). YLW-PHX (WS). And I'm sure there are others. So let's not get hyperbolic here. Flights from major airports like YYZ, YVR, etc, go through pre-clearance in Canada, but not all TB flights originate from airports with pre-clearance facilities.
Nitehawk likes this.
Old Oct 30, 2019, 8:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
What about ex-YQB? I know they've built a facility, but when I was last there in September, it was not open.
Old Oct 30, 2019, 8:53 pm

Originally Posted by yyznomad
What about ex-YQB? I know they've built a facility, but when I was last there in September, it was not open.
YQB-ORD (AA and UA). There's another one.
Old Oct 30, 2019, 9:07 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
YYJ-SEA (AS). YXE-MSP (DL). YLW-PHX (WS). And I'm sure there are others. So let's not get hyperbolic here. Flights from major airports like YYZ, YVR, etc, go through pre-clearance in Canada, but not all TB flights originate from airports with pre-clearance facilities.
Didn't YVR-JFK depart after pre-clearance closes? Even the majors don't always do it.
Old Oct 30, 2019, 10:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Wrong! Please read it below! They still have US pre-clearance in Canada and they won't go through US customs in PHX at entire T4.

There was no need to go through US customs in PHX before. Pax did US pre-clearance in Canada, and arrived at PHX as a domestic flight.
Right! They still had go through US pre-clearance in Canada and will arrive in PHX at entire T3 as a domestic flight.
Old Oct 30, 2019, 10:56 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Mileage Plus, WestJet Gold, AMEX Plat
Originally Posted by canadiancow
Didn't YVR-JFK depart after pre-clearance closes? Even the majors don't always do it.
Yes. The late night Delta flight from YVR to Atlanta is another one that does not do pre-clearance.

From YXE there is also the WestJet flight to Vegas and Phoenix. Regina also has Vegas and Phoenix flights that do not pre-clear.

If your into float planes none of the flights from the Victoria or Vancouver Harbour to Seattle pre-clear.

In Toronto Porter has no shortage of US bound flight that do not pre-clear.

I am not aware of any AC flight that do not pre-clear.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.