FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air Canada | Aeroplan (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan-375/)
-   -   The Newly Redesigned Air Canada Mobile App (Fall 2019) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan/1993153-newly-redesigned-air-canada-mobile-app-fall-2019-a.html)

thathandsomehandsome Mar 21, 2024 6:24 am

Originally Posted by TTC900Rocket (Post 36097552)
I’ve probably missed it upthread, but the latest AC app version loads more quickly on my Android phone than my new iPhone. My trips simply do not refresh completely on the ios version.

What does refresh completely mean? Only some of the bookings load? Or they all load, but partly? Is there incorrect information?

I have 4 bookings live in my iOS app right now. Perhaps they’re a bit slow to retrieve but everything looks up to date.

mountainboy Mar 21, 2024 8:29 am

Originally Posted by thathandsomehandsome (Post 36097561)
Date?

March 31. I'ma also seeing the same for another a TPAC in May (it becomes YVR-YYC then KIX-YVR).;

This isn't due to "timezones are hard". AC has numerous systems which are extremely fragile when handling the flight-lines in a ticket. If they are misordered in some unexpected way, things go awry. If there is a waitlisted flight, the errors I see are more likely, but the KIX routing is showing it without a waitlisted entry. cowtool gets it right, probably by not trying to not incorrectly interpret the records. On cowtool, I see that HL lines are now added in a different place than a few months ago, I also don't know if that might matter.

I've worried that the advance eupgrade system is also confused by records; I've had an agent tell me recently that one of my WL entries was in the ticket, but not registered in another system for processing, they did not know how that could have happened.

thathandsomehandsome Mar 22, 2024 3:04 pm

Originally Posted by mountainboy (Post 36097864)
March 31. I'ma also seeing the same for another a TPAC in May (it becomes YVR-YYC then KIX-YVR).;

This isn't due to "timezones are hard". AC has numerous systems which are extremely fragile when handling the flight-lines in a ticket. If they are misordered in some unexpected way, things go awry. If there is a waitlisted flight, the errors I see are more likely, but the KIX routing is showing it without a waitlisted entry. cowtool gets it right, probably by not trying to not incorrectly interpret the records. On cowtool, I see that HL lines are now added in a different place than a few months ago, I also don't know if that might matter.

I've worried that the advance eupgrade system is also confused by records; I've had an agent tell me recently that one of my WL entries was in the ticket, but not registered in another system for processing, they did not know how that could have happened.

Looks fine to me... ;)

https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...0ca94b948.jpeg

I had this same problem with one of my bookings, but it appears to have been resolved.

mountainboy Mar 22, 2024 10:31 pm

Originally Posted by thathandsomehandsome (Post 36101891)
Looks fine to me... ;)

https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...0ca94b948.jpeg

I had this same problem with one of my bookings, but it appears to have been resolved.

Yes, all my TPAC bookings are fixed as of earlier today.

billdokes Mar 26, 2024 12:39 am

Had an e-Up clear for an upcoming flight in about 10 days without any notification, just found it in the app now.

System was nice enough to clear the UG but didn't assign a seat.

App wouldn't allow me to access the seat map + select a seat so I guess I'm calling in tomorrow to waste Concierge Call Centre resources because AC IT doesn't work.

thathandsomehandsome Mar 26, 2024 5:46 am

Originally Posted by billdokes (Post 36110397)
Had an e-Up clear for an upcoming flight in about 10 days without any notification, just found it in the app now.

System was nice enough to clear the UG but didn't assign a seat.

App wouldn't allow me to access the seat map + select a seat so I guess I'm calling in tomorrow to waste Concierge Call Centre resources because AC IT doesn't work.

Don’t call. Your eUpgrade didn’t clear. You’ll get an email when you actually get your upgrade. The issue is already raised with their support team.

billdokes Mar 26, 2024 8:56 am

Originally Posted by thathandsomehandsome (Post 36110875)
Don’t call. Your eUpgrade didn’t clear. You’ll get an email when you actually get your upgrade. The issue is already raised with their support team.

Looks pretty cleared to me...as confirmed when I called in and had the Concierge select a seat for me...based on experience over about the last 3 months I don't expect to ever receive an email or txt msg letting me know it has cleared. I also didn't get an email confirming the seat selection, but it does show updated on the App now.

https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...408b0994f6.jpg

canadiancow Mar 26, 2024 8:56 am

Originally Posted by thathandsomehandsome (Post 36110875)

That's definitely not what many of us have been experiencing for months. The eUpgrade clears into KL status, no notification is sent, and seat selection is wonky.

They just need to clear the advice code to move it to HK and everything will be fine.

canadiancow Apr 13, 2024 12:05 pm

So I went for my digital card the other day, and realized that the "mber" in "Aeroplan number" overlaps with the first 3 digits of my Aeroplan number.

I guess it's because my phone is so small and there isn't enough horizontal screen space to display it "Aeroplan number 123 456 789" beside it.

https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...90f69e396d.jpg

Bohemian1 Apr 13, 2024 12:53 pm

Originally Posted by canadiancow (Post 36157659)
So I went for my digital card the other day, and realized that the "mber" in "Aeroplan number" overlaps with the first 3 digits of my Aeroplan number.

I guess it's because my phone is so small and there isn't enough horizontal screen space to display it "Aeroplan number 123 456 789" beside it.

Could be an Android app thing. I have the smallest iPhone made and it renders properly for me.

yulscs Apr 13, 2024 1:41 pm

I think it's more like half the horizontal space is wasted on the left and right margins. There's a *ton* of room there they aren't using, regardless of the size of your phone.

Originally Posted by Bohemian1 (Post 36157766)
Could be an Android app thing. I have the smallest iPhone made and it renders properly for me.

The iPhone version of the app doesn't render the digital card screen with such ample margins.

thathandsomehandsome Apr 13, 2024 1:56 pm

https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...90f69e396d.jpg

This is fixed in last week’s v5.44 beta. Works fine now on my Pixel 8 Pro but was an issue in previous builds.

YYC traveler Apr 16, 2024 7:10 am

5.44 version broken on iPad?

Has anyone who updated to the 5.44 version been able to open it on an iPad? I updated on both my iPhone and IPad. It opens and works on the iPhone however on the iPad it just displays the Air Canada logo for about 30 seconds and then exits. I have swiped up on the app's preview to close the app and that doesn't resolve the situation.

CPYVR Apr 16, 2024 8:18 am

I had that problem on my iPhone. I deleted the app, then added it back and worked fine.

YYC traveler Apr 18, 2024 8:04 am

Air Canada released an updated iOS app,

Version 5.44.1 of the Air Canada app brings new improvements, all inspired by feedback from our customers.

• Manual refresh: Introducing pull-down-to-refresh for instant updates to your trips, flight status, and standby & upgrade lists.

• Resolved an issue that caused the app to unexpectedly close for some customers. We apologize for any inconvenience and thank everyone who reported this issue.
Unfortunately this doesn't fix the issue that I'm seeing with my iPad Pro running iPadOS 17.4.1. I have sent feedback reporting the problem still exists for me.

The 5.44 and 5.44.1 versions work fine on my iPhone running iOS 17.4.1.