Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

schedule question, where does the plane go after AMS?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 25, 2019, 5:02 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC-E50. Marriott Plat

Have been planning a trip YYZ-AMS in early November. AC direct flights leave YYZ on Wed, Fri, Sun, so far so good. But no direct return flights from AMS back to YYZ??
How do I find out where that 333 goes after dropping off pax in AMS? just curious... why wouldn't AC turn that plane around and bring pax back?
Old Oct 25, 2019, 5:14 am

Programs: AC 75K
The aircraft will always return to YYZ. AMS-YYZ operates M,Th,Sa.

What dates are you looking at?
canadiancow likes this.
Old Oct 25, 2019, 6:08 am

Programs: AC MM E50 , Former SPG, now Marriott LT Plat
You do realize that when flying Trans-Atlantic, the aircraft always arrives the day after departure; so the return flight - although 2 or 3 hours after arrival - is dated the following day.
Old Oct 25, 2019, 6:13 am

Programs: AC SE*MM
Every AC TATL just does a turn. I mean sometimes at larger stations the turn is back to a different city in Canada (inbound from YYZ goes back to YUL) and the YYZ to LHR day-tripper parks overnight at LHR and does the early morning LHR-YYZ the next day. But in all cases they're coming right back.
Old Oct 25, 2019, 6:53 am
Original Poster

well I feel foolish, even though I knew about the next day thing, I guess I didn't check the right dates...
however my silly mistake led me to check the schedule and that seems to be wrong...
I was looking to fly YYZ to AMS on Sunday Nov 10 and return on Friday Nov 15th (of course the flight would be on Saturday not Friday)
Anyway I am not clever enough to paste a screen shot of the schedule but it seems to be wrong.
Old Oct 25, 2019, 7:14 am

Programs: AC 75K
Originally Posted by dirkster
well I feel foolish, even though I knew about the next day thing, I guess I didn't check the right dates...
however my silly mistake led me to check the schedule and that seems to be wrong...
I was looking to fly YYZ to AMS on Sunday Nov 10 and return on Friday Nov 15th (of course the flight would be on Saturday not Friday)
Anyway I am not clever enough to paste a screen shot of the schedule but it seems to be wrong.
I don't follow. What is wrong? The return flight does not operate on Friday, but it does on Saturday, which is what the schedule says,

Where are you looking at the schedule?
Adam Smith likes this.
Old Oct 25, 2019, 7:53 am

Programs: air miles
Looking at the Air Canada Flight Schedule, here: https://services.aircanada.com/porta...ABC975DFD72085

AC only flies to AMS on Wed, Fri, and Sun, and we would expect a return back to YYZ on Thurs, Sat, and Mon, The pdf flight schedule does not show the Monday flight, however the booking engine and google flights are showing the flights correctly.

As for the OP's expectation of a Friday return, there would be none since there is no Thursday flight to AMS.
Old Oct 25, 2019, 3:43 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1k AC 50k BA gold
its a great flight for passengers its never very busy
Old Oct 25, 2019, 4:04 pm

Originally Posted by JustSomeGuy1978
Looking at the Air Canada Flight Schedule, here: https://services.aircanada.com/porta...ABC975DFD72085

AC only flies to AMS on Wed, Fri, and Sun, and we would expect a return back to YYZ on Thurs, Sat, and Mon, The pdf flight schedule does not show the Monday flight, however the booking engine and google flights are showing the flights correctly.
The pdf schedule is full of errors and unreliable.
canadiancow and marchelli like this.
Old Oct 25, 2019, 4:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by StuMcIlwain
Agreed.
cedric likes this.
Old Oct 27, 2019, 7:37 am
Original Poster

That's where I went wrong...
Old Oct 27, 2019, 9:42 am

Programs: AC E75K
Originally Posted by dirkster
I'm on this flight on Nov 10 if you end up taking it.
Old Oct 27, 2019, 1:29 pm

Programs: Aeroplan/Hilton Gold/Marriott Bonvoy Titanium/Accor/Hyatt Gold Passport
Originally Posted by capedreamer
I'm on this flight on Nov 10 if you end up taking it.
1 hour and 55 minutes on the ground and poof! Back to YYZ.

Would have thought with the demise of Jet Airways the schedule would have increased during W20. Flights were upgauged to the 77W through the Summer/Fall and were packed to the rafters.
Old Oct 27, 2019, 2:08 pm

Programs: AC E75K
Originally Posted by ACYYZ/SD
1 hour and 55 minutes on the ground and poof! Back to YYZ.

Would have thought with the demise of Jet Airways the schedule would have increased during W20. Flights were upgauged to the 77W through the Summer/Fall and were packed to the rafters.
Took it multiple times this summer and appreciated the upgrade (though I also liked the 789 last year). Sad it’s back to the 333 now.
Old Oct 27, 2019, 4:28 pm

Programs: TK *G
This is an understatement. Not sure how there can be two flights with the same flight number, departing on the same day, within 5 min from each other.

AMS is relatively simple as there is only the YYZ flight. LHR is the most complicated one.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.