Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Air Canada flight or lounge confessionals

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 19, 2019, 12:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SE MM

If someone in front of me reclines their seat into my space during meal service, I will passive aggressively push on the screen, and generally take any opportunity to inadvertently bump the chair in front of me.

share yours.
Fizzer and bigev007 like this.
Old Oct 19, 2019, 12:42 pm

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
Originally Posted by flamengo
If someone in front of me reclines their seat into my space during meal service, I will passive aggressively push on the screen, and generally take any opportunity to inadvertently bump the chair in front of me.

share yours.
How mature. Why not just politely ask them (or indirectly via a FA) to please put it upright just for the meal service?
BearX220 and Dolphin2 like this.
Old Oct 19, 2019, 1:10 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite. NEXUS
Several of the floor almonds may be my responsibility.
Old Oct 19, 2019, 1:17 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
I never recline my seat. So when someone pushed too hard and too much on the screen, I will passive aggressively recline my seat, and generally take any opportunity to inadvertently cause frequent jumps in my recline position.
Finkface, bennyg2, pewpew and 13 others like this.
Old Oct 19, 2019, 1:31 pm

I rarely wipe the basin with my paper towel after using the sink
Dolphin2, bennyg2 and douglasr like this.
Old Oct 19, 2019, 1:47 pm

Programs: SkyPesos -> MVP Gold 100K
Originally Posted by canadiancow
I never recline my seat. So when someone pushed too hard and too much on the screen, I will passive aggressively recline my seat, and generally take any opportunity to inadvertently cause frequent jumps in my recline position.
Also when parents don't control their kids and they end up kicking your seat or whatever for the entire flight.
ecc likes this.
Old Oct 19, 2019, 1:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by flamengo

share yours.
Complain to an airline which provides for seat reclining but does not provide for enough space to make it work instead of mistreating another passenger. Or do what most of us FFs do nowadays, recognize that Y is no longer what it used to be, and that it doesn't cost what it used to either, and fly J or at least PY if available. Or if that does not work, just stay home. Or blame yourself (or your employer, look for another job) for being cheap and flying Y. Anyway, I fail to see that Y meals, if any, are worth getting obnoxious with another airline Y victim. Better to have a half decent meal before or after, I would say.
ecc, canadiancow and smallmj like this.
Old Oct 19, 2019, 2:17 pm

Programs: Aeroplan 25K, Marriott Plat
I once ignored the dress code in the business class cabin, and removed my tie after after the dinner service was complete. I've gotten quite rebellious during my mid-life crisis.
Old Oct 19, 2019, 2:33 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Finkface
How mature. Why not just politely ask them (or indirectly via a FA) to please put it upright just for the meal service?
Hey this is a confessional, no judging.
asovse1, Benner and flyquiet like this.
Old Oct 19, 2019, 2:35 pm
Original Poster

Another one. I sometimes tear off the slip on the customs form, and stuff it in the seat pocket. Sorry!
flyquiet and Dolphin2 like this.
Old Oct 19, 2019, 3:15 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold, Hertz 5*
If I have to sit in PY, I sit in either D or G seats and carefully craft a “screw you don’t talk to me” face so that the middle seat goes the other direction to go to the lav.
Old Oct 19, 2019, 3:35 pm
ecc

Programs: Air Canada/Aeroplan E50K, Mariott Gold Elite, Hotels.com Gold, Best Western Diamond Select,
Originally Posted by ride red
I once ignored the dress code in the business class cabin, and removed my tie after after the dinner service was complete. I've gotten quite rebellious during my mid-life crisis.
There's a dress code?
Old Oct 19, 2019, 5:31 pm

Programs: Air Canada P25K, Hilton Honors Gold, Marriott Gold, MGM Gold
I confess to giving an angry stare at screaming children when their parents aren't looking (especially if they are standing up and staring over the back of the seat). It's surprisingly effective since most of the precious darlings aren't use to adults being mean to them.
Dolphin2, flyquiet and flamengo like this.
Old Oct 19, 2019, 5:57 pm

Programs: TK *G
Originally Posted by ETHFlyer
Maybe a bit off topic, but I don't have any respect for Air Canada check in staff because 10 or so years ago I got into a protracted argument with an agent who wouldn't let me get on my flight to Zurich because she insisted that Canadians needed a visa to get into Switzerland. She talked to her supervisor and it was a massive headache until I realized that she thought Zurich was in Swaziland not Switzerland. I always think of that when I check in.
You are not alone, with high percentage (25%) of bad experiences with AC ground staff, anything from poor training, refuse recognizing me as a J passenger, inventing BS policies, to lying, I started to treat them differently. I won’t treat them badly on purpose, but I do my best to minimize the interactions with them. And once they pull the I work at the airport attitude or lie, I get aggressive and do everything I can to go after them.

And on to more pleasant topics, when I am in widebody J and I need to use the lav, I sometime take the different aisle when coming back from the lav. Reason being there are two snack baskets, one placed near each aisle. By going through a different aisle I can grab more snacks. This is especially useful near the end of the flight when the KitKat may be gone from one of the baskets.

And, I licked the desert plate a few times
Wings100, flamengo and canadiancow like this.
Old Oct 19, 2019, 6:14 pm

Programs: AC SEMM / HH Diamond
I have filled my plate with nachos in the MLL ... and then, after finishing the nachos, I have used the same plate to enjoy more nachos.

I'll admit that until I read FT I didn't even know that behavior was a mortal sin ... but oh, it feels so good to confess my crime now.
lallied, mapleg, Dolphin2 and 5 others like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.