Community
Wiki Posts
Search

YYZ ML lounge access?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 13, 2019, 8:56 pm
Original Poster

YYZ ML lounge access?

Flying YYZ first > IAH business> CZM. From what I was gathering from reading and searching here, I should be able to get access to the UC from the international first/business ticket.

Would I be able to get into the Maple leaf lounge from air canada in YYZ?
Old Oct 13, 2019, 9:29 pm

Programs: UA-1K MM, AA-Gold, DL-Silver, AS-MVP
Yes you will have access to YYZ AC Transborder MLL.

Question: United First Class International Flight - Do we have Maple Leaf Lounge Access?
Old Oct 13, 2019, 9:30 pm

If you have a membership in the United Club, you will have reciprocity at the Maple Leaf club for Canada to US flights, regardless of class.
Old Oct 13, 2019, 9:48 pm
Original Poster

No lounge memberships other than the visa priority pass.

That being said, which lounge would you use since I should have access to the maple leaf or the plaza premium?
Old Oct 13, 2019, 11:09 pm

Programs: AC E50K, DL GM , Hyatt Glob.
Definitely the Maple leaf lounge (mall) Plaza is frequently over crowded that they don’t let folks in, and is also a much smaller space.
Old Oct 13, 2019, 11:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
As already mentioned, your premium class ticket will get you into the MLL (though will not grant access to priority security - you need to have certain Amex cards or be AC elite or premium cabin for that).

MLL is the better lounge. And per the last time I checked, Premium plaza lounge is still in the temp. Location, in a basically walled off area around gate 54. So no question that MLL beats that.

And just a point of clarification, on UA out of YYZ you’ll be flying ‘United Business’. Even through it’s the same as domestic F service, to Canada, it’s called business.
Old Oct 14, 2019, 12:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by emcampbe
...And just a point of clarification, on UA out of YYZ you’ll be flying ‘United Business’. Even through it’s the same as domestic F service, to Canada, it’s called business.
I think I’ve seen mentioned somewhere on another thread that Canada-U.S. front cabins are now being marketed as “First”. Just tried a dummy IAH-YYC booking for next month and “First” indeed showed up.
Adam Smith likes this.
Old Oct 14, 2019, 12:15 am
Original Poster

As already mentioned, your premium class ticket will get you into the MLL (though will not grant access to priority security - you need to have certain Amex cards or be AC elite or premium cabin for that).

MLL is the better lounge. And per the last time I checked, Premium plaza lounge is still in the temp. Location, in a basically walled off area around gate 54. So no question that MLL beats that.

And just a point of clarification, on UA out of YYZ you’ll be flying ‘United Business’. Even through it’s the same as domestic F service, to Canada, it’s called business.
Doesnt global entry allow access to priority security?
Old Oct 14, 2019, 4:49 am

Programs: AC SE
The pop up PP lounge is long gone. They have completed the refurb of the permanent PP lounge months ago. The PP lounge is cramped and crowded but offer better food options than the MLL and the barista can whip up a decent cappuccino. That being said, the MLL offers better booze.
Old Oct 15, 2019, 8:47 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jasdou
The pop up PP lounge is long gone. They have completed the refurb of the permanent PP lounge months ago. The PP lounge is cramped and crowded but offer better food options than the MLL and the barista can whip up a decent cappuccino. That being said, the MLL offers better booze.
Flight leaves at 8am. Both places state they dont search alcohol until 11am. Unless they secretly serve prior, sounds like the food options in the PP could make that a better choice.

Is there a re-entry policy in case I wanted to see both?
Old Oct 16, 2019, 6:01 am

Programs: AC E50K *G - Amtrak SelectPlus
Originally Posted by popnfrresh
Is there a re-entry policy in case I wanted to see both?
No problem re-entering at either for me. PP stamps your boarding pass for easy re-entry. AC MLL just lets you back in upon scanning the BP.
Old Oct 16, 2019, 4:55 pm

Programs: AA plat, Hertz, gold , Bonvoy gold,IHGplat
I will be flying LIS-YYZ premium rouge then after a few hour lay over on to LAX PE. Will I be able to use Maple leaf ( purchase? ) I also have Amex Plat Priority. Any suggestion?
Old Oct 16, 2019, 5:44 pm

Programs: AC SE
Originally Posted by Srklaw7
I will be flying LIS-YYZ premium rouge then after a few hour lay over on to LAX PE. Will I be able to use Maple leaf ( purchase? ) I also have Amex Plat Priority. Any suggestion?
No MLL access for PE. You can access the PP lounge in the transborder terminal.
Old Oct 17, 2019, 6:24 am

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
Originally Posted by Srklaw7
Originally Posted by jasdou
No MLL access for PE. You can access the PP lounge in the transborder terminal.
No free access anyway. Normally PY means you can purchase it if that's what you were asking, for $25. Whether or not the YYZ TB MLL is worth $25 is a subject for much debate (in other thread(s) however, especially when you get PP lounge access.
Old Oct 17, 2019, 7:21 am
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by popnfrresh
Flight leaves at 8am. Both places state they dont search alcohol until 11am. Unless they secretly serve prior, sounds like the food options in the PP could make that a better choice.....
@popnfrresh

Booze o'clock is set by the Province of Ontario. 11am is when they think one should be allowed to drink. Supposedly they are to change it to 9am.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.