Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Question: Do flights booked with Aeroplan points count for AQM or AQS?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Question: Do flights booked with Aeroplan points count for AQM or AQS?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 28, 2019, 10:35 am
Original Poster

Do flights booked with Aeroplan points count for AQM or AQS?

Do Air Canada flights booked with Aeroplan points count for AQM and AQS? The ticket says economy (K)
Old Sep 28, 2019, 10:35 am

Programs: IHG Gold
Originally Posted by YCDtraveller
Do Air Canada flights booked with Aeroplan points count for AQM and AQS? The ticket says economy (K)
No.
canadiancow, flyquiet, ecc and 3 others like this.
Old Sep 29, 2019, 12:15 pm

Programs: Aeroplan SE100k 1MM, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
With AC taking back control of Aeroplan, is there a chance that they will give AQM on flights booked with points? When I use my BonVoy points to stay in a Marriott hotel they give me credit for the room night stay and AC should do the same with Aeroplan flights.
Old Sep 29, 2019, 12:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Originally Posted by YVRMAN
With AC taking back control of Aeroplan, is there a chance that they will give AQM on flights booked with points? When I use my BonVoy points to stay in a Marriott hotel they give me credit for the room night stay and AC should do the same with Aeroplan flights.
Hotel programs =/= airline programs.

This is not just AC. I don't think any airline programs out there provide elite qualification for award booking.
Old Sep 29, 2019, 1:27 pm

If for whatever reason that you do, please keep quiet and do not broadcast it! Don't post here and ask why!

Last edited by Clipper801; Sep 29, 2019 at 1:36 pm
Old Sep 29, 2019, 1:38 pm

Programs: AC SE
Is this a Market Fare ticket? Sure sounds like it. In any case, it’s not likely to accrue AQM/AQS.
Old Sep 30, 2019, 7:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by jasdou
Is this a Market Fare ticket? Sure sounds like it. In any case, it’s not likely to accrue AQM/AQS.
Correct - MF tickets are also not intended to accrue status M/D/S.
Old Sep 30, 2019, 9:12 am

Programs: Aeroplan SE100K, Accor Platinum, Bonvoy Titanium Elite, BW Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by YVRMAN
This would mostly reward big spenders with credit cards and not loyal and paying frequent Flyers.

Many people get absurd amount of Aeroplan miles from business spend, which is profit not to the airline but to the cc company.
Old Sep 30, 2019, 5:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by theBeachBoy
This would mostly reward big spenders with credit cards and not loyal and paying frequent Flyers.

Many people get absurd amount of Aeroplan miles from business spend, which is profit not to the airline but to the cc company.
IF they ever do this, it better damn well be applied retroactively as well.

(for MM too)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.