Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

When does AC open up award seats for partners?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

When does AC open up award seats for partners?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 20, 2019, 7:42 am
Original Poster

When does AC O open up for partners?

I booked 4 RT Business class tickets to Europe for this past summer. It include flights on Austrian and AC. I booked with United Miles to save on the ridiculous surcharges. Unfortunately, due to a medical issue, I cancelled the flight, and was returned all the United Miles.

I'm now looking to book the same trip next year. I see AC availability (use Aeroplan) for the dates/cities I want on AC metal (none with Austrian), but it's not appearing on United or ANA tools.

Question: When does AC typically open up this space for partners to book? Or is it safe to say that if it hasn't been released now, it probably never will be?
Old Sep 20, 2019, 10:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
Originally Posted by slaman
I booked 4 RT Business class tickets to Europe for this past summer. It include flights on Austrian and AC. I booked with United Miles to save on the ridiculous surcharges. Unfortunately, due to a medical issue, I cancelled the flight, and was returned all the United Miles.

I'm now looking to book the same trip next year. I see AC availability (use Aeroplan) for the dates/cities I want on AC metal (none with Austrian), but it's not appearing on United or ANA tools.

Question: When does AC typically open up this space for partners to book? Or is it safe to say that if it hasn't been released now, it probably never will be?
AC does provide more availability for their own redeemers (+ YQ) than it does to partners. I would go with never based on experience.
Old Sep 20, 2019, 2:11 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by rankourabu
AC does provide more availability for their own redeemers (+ YQ) than it does to partners. I would go with never based on experience.
Thanks for clarifying... I can't seem to find any direct flights to AMS, WAW, CPH, FRA, ZRH, VIE from YYZ for 4 seats in J next summer... Looks like I'll have to connect via the US to make it there!
Old Sep 20, 2019, 3:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
Originally Posted by slaman
Thanks for clarifying... I can't seem to find any direct flights to AMS, WAW, CPH, FRA, ZRH, VIE from YYZ for 4 seats in J next summer... Looks like I'll have to connect via the US to make it there!
There are ORD-BUD, ORD-KRK flights on LO that usually have quite a few low-YQ seats.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.