Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Lufthansa flies directly to Ottawa for the first time

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 10, 2019, 10:44 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE100K 1MM, FB Platinum, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold Elite, Hilton Gold

https://newsroom.lufthansagroup.com/...1-02acd9351690

Very interesting - 5 times a week at launch with an 340-300. Since the A++ agreement is metal neutral, one has to wonder if this is the solution to AC not having the right sized aircraft for the route. I'm a bit surprised as to the choice of aircraft by Lufthansa, although with 30 J class seats, it isn't a huge increase on an AC 767.
PingMonkey likes this.
Old Sep 10, 2019, 12:42 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Plat, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by EdmFlyBoi
https://newsroom.lufthansagroup.com/...1-02acd9351690

Very interesting - 5 times a week at launch with an 340-300. Since the A++ agreement is metal neutral, one has to wonder if this is the solution to AC not having the right sized aircraft for the route. I'm a bit surprised as to the choice of aircraft by Lufthansa, although with 30 J class seats, it isn't a huge increase on an AC 767.
Will that replace the seasonal AC YOW-FRA?

It will be quite surprising if they keep both, YOW does not have enough originating pax to sustain both and it is comparatively hard for Intl-Domestic connection IMO.
Old Sep 10, 2019, 12:49 pm

Programs: AC-SE100K, AC-3MM, Marriott- LT Titanium, SPG RIP
Originally Posted by tbaiyun
Will that replace the seasonal AC YOW-FRA?
Good question...

I am kind of surprised its not YOW-MUC instead,

I think there is plenty of traffic from YOW-- just much it filters through YYZ and YUL now onto newer aircraft... I believe that is due to the old 767 that covers YOW-FRA.
Old Sep 10, 2019, 1:15 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
As this route announcement is already under discussion in the LH forum here please follow the discussion in that thread.

tcook052
AC forum moderator
canadiancow likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.