Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Why can't I book this open jaw flight with Aeroplan?

Old Aug 18, 19, 10:37 am
Original Poster

Hello everyone. I'm trying to book my very first open-jaw flight with Aeroplan points but I'm having difficulty as Aeroplan says it's not a valid flight. Why is that?

Here are the flights that I'm trying to book:
Toronto-Lisbon on May 15, 2020 via TAP airline
Lisbon-Prague on May 20, 2020 via TAP airline
Paris-Toronto on May 31, 2020 via Air Canada

Each of these flights exists as one-way flights.
Old Aug 18, 19, 11:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

No stopovers on one way rewards.
Old Aug 18, 19, 12:00 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Stranger View Post
Hmm.. sorry I should've clarified. I tried to build this itinerary as a Multi-City option and not One-way.

I'm trying to build an itinerary similar to what Prince of Travel did on Rule 2 - princeoftravel.com/blog/aeroplan-minirtw-complete-guide

In his example he the following itinerary:
Vancouver - Paris
Paris - Singapore
Hong Kong - Vancouver

How is mine any different than Price of Travel's?

Last edited by enzo85; Aug 18, 19 at 12:11 pm
Old Aug 18, 19, 12:14 pm

Programs: UW*, UL*S
Hey enzo85, welcome to FT. I tried your dates and destinations and can get to the booking screen just fine. Would you try it again in multi-city search? The TP, TP, and LOx2 flights would be 75k miles and $210 in fees/taxes as expected...…...…
edit: did the search again in business and it's 115k/$280 but I can still get to the booking screen!

If you keep getting an error, I don't see why you couldn't book this by calling in. You'd incur a $30 fee, but try your luck in waiving that fee when you say the website wouldn't let you book.

PS: I assumed you booked with one traveller

Originally Posted by Stranger View Post
I think the reference to one way was the availability existed for the desired legs when using one way search
Dolphin2 likes this.
Old Aug 18, 19, 12:35 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the warm welcome asovse1!

I retried the mult-city search and I'm still getting the same error: "The information provided are not valid. For further assistance, please refer to HOW TO BUILD MULTI-CITY TRIPS below." I even tried both Paris' Airport (CDG and ORY) on separate searches. I forgot to mention that I intend to fly from CDG to YYZ with Air Canada. My goal is to get a direct flight from Paris to YYZ. but I'll take a layover with LOT airline if I have to.

I'll call support if I can't figure out why I'm getting this error.

Thanks for your help and validating my itinerary.
Old Aug 18, 19, 1:25 pm

Originally Posted by enzo85 View Post
Thanks for the warm welcome asovse1!

I retried the mult-city search and I'm still getting the same error: "The information provided are not valid. For further assistance, please refer to HOW TO BUILD MULTI-CITY TRIPS below." I even tried both Paris' Airport (CDG and ORY) on separate searches. I forgot to mention that I intend to fly from CDG to YYZ with Air Canada. My goal is to get a direct flight from Paris to YYZ. but I'll take a layover with LOT airline if I have to.

I'll call support if I can't figure out why I'm getting this error.

Thanks for your help and validating my itinerary.
you cannot book that itinerary online, it involves a stopover and an open-jaw. phone in and pay the call center fee and europe 2 miles plus taxes and fees

Search this Thread