Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Earn Your Wings (EYW) 2019

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4, 2020, 7:56 am

Programs: AC SE/1MM, Bonvoy Ambassador/Lifetime Titanium, ALL Diamond, Hilton Diamond
No additional wings for me yesterday. Still missing 8K+.
Surely that cannot be the last update?
... especially not with 11yrold in 31st. So wrong.
Old Feb 4, 2020, 8:13 am

Programs: AC SE MM; SPG Plat
I'm also missing wings, from 5 flights. It's not going to make a big difference but it is a few thousand AE points. I suspect there are a lot of individuals in the same boat. Wouldn't it be nice if they communicated what if anything they plan to do about it?
TechnoTourist likes this.
Old Feb 4, 2020, 9:07 am

Programs: AC SE/1MM, Bonvoy Ambassador/Lifetime Titanium, ALL Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by canadiancow
This is the first time I've ever had an issue with a flight not showing up, and since the very first one, I haven't had issues with any flight-related badges.
If they never tried fancy extra non-flying badges, I wouldn't have had any issues since v1.
Circling back on this from a few days ago.
This is also the first time I have been missing flights this late in the game.
Missing wings for me have always been non-flights, such as car rentals, hotels, lounge visits, wifi. Add credit card and hotel swap to the list from this version.
canadiancow likes this.
Old Feb 4, 2020, 9:43 am

Programs: AC SE100K, F9 100k, NK Gold, UA *S, Hyatt Glob, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by DistressedAssetInvestor

The only question that remains: Where are we going next?​​​​​​
I know a 11 year old that would love a job running contests next time around

​​

Last edited by expert7700; Feb 4, 2020 at 11:12 am
Old Feb 4, 2020, 10:08 am

Programs: Aeroplan
What about screwing over me? I was in 31st place.

Leaderboard has yet to be updated...

Originally Posted by YYT82
Joke's on many of you who wasted time and money playing for this contest taking unnecessary flights.

For those who only took flights you had to take and just happened to benefit from the contest, powers to you. For those who didn't get screwed over by the EYW team, you got lucky.

I hope expert7700 sues on behalf of his son, or at least blow this up on media. The media loves stories about how large corporations screw over minors.
Old Feb 4, 2020, 10:19 am

Programs: AC S100K, HH Silver
Originally Posted by expert7700
Litigation plus US &:Canadian press.
Everyone needs to settle down. Seriously. First, litigation is the downfall of our society -- the reason I have to fill out 35 forms so my kids can go skating at the neighbourhood outdoor rink next to the school is because no one wants to accept responsibility for themselves and instead feels the need to sue and that this mentality is creeping into Canada is incredibly sad to me. Second, life is so much better when you first give everyone the benefit of the doubt, including the people running EYW.

That aside, given the mistakes we've seen tweeted in the past and the time of the tweet I think we can safely assume that this was a pre-scheduled auto-tweet and that either the EYW team had hoped to be updated by now or they forgot that the tweet was coming out. Or they mistakenly assumed that participants would think that "today announce" meant that at some point today they will announce the winners.

Oh, and further to that, I don't see anyone on the leaderboard with the actual winner badges so, again, I think we can assume that the EYW team is not yet done with the leaderboard. Jeez.
bcrosby and leaf16flyer like this.

Last edited by douglasr; Feb 4, 2020 at 11:02 am Reason: Added a few extra words for clarity.
Old Feb 4, 2020, 10:20 am

Programs: AC SEMM / HH Diamond
For those who didn't open the twitter thread, AC subsequently posted (today):

It's clearly all being run very competently indeed.

Last edited by canopus27; Feb 4, 2020 at 10:30 am Reason: added twitter link
Old Feb 4, 2020, 10:35 am

Programs: AC SE MM, IHG Diamond, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by canopus27
For those who didn't open the twitter thread, AC subsequently posted (today):

It's clearly all being run very competently indeed.

edit: reference: https://twitter.com/ACEarnWings/stat...94909631942656
I can only assume you are joking. IF it were being run competently, they would not have had these issues from the beginning. They would have responded to emails and web form contacts in a timely fashion - not after several weeks/months and multiple emails. They would have shut off their auto tweets. They would have realized that they had their DM set to off so we can't contact them in that way. I am sure I could mention a few more items as well.

I doubt my missing wings will have any impact on where I end up in the rankings, but the point is that many people followed the T&Cs and played a fair game and the EYW crew has not kept up there end of the bargain. I agree that litigation should be the last resort, but for someone who may have spent a significant amount of money and does not get rewarded accurately, I would understand their frustration.
Old Feb 4, 2020, 10:58 am

Off to dine (and related activities, eg. drink) my way around chilly Vegas today. Will check back later. In the meantime, I leave it in the capable hands of ...well, you all anyways. I fully expect another update. Good luck 9-12 and 28-32!
expert7700 and Mozzarella like this.
Old Feb 4, 2020, 11:43 am

Programs: AC SE100K, F9 100k, NK Gold, UA *S, Hyatt Glob, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by chriscol1
Off to dine (and related activities, eg. drink) my way around chilly Vegas today. Will check back later. In the meantime, I leave it in the capable hands of ...well, you all anyways. I fully expect another update. Good luck 9-12 and 28-32!
You aren't kidding about the cold. could have a nano-do! 11yr old and I may need a drink depending on the next leaderboard update.

This comment just made me remember the 2016 EYW thread when a cow said: "Well I'm now in 6th, at best. I want to buy the 7 year old a drink".
​​​
canadiancow and Yhztraveller like this.

Last edited by expert7700; Feb 4, 2020 at 11:51 am
Old Feb 4, 2020, 11:43 am

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
If AC acted responsibly in a variety of topics there wouldn't be a barrage of calls to goto litigation and the press.

You know, EYW1 I could understand their being issues, they'd not done it before. This is what, the 8th time and they still can't manage it?
Old Feb 4, 2020, 1:32 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, IHG Diamond, National Exec Elite
Looks like they still plan to award the winners today. I just got this email:Hello SearsTower,

Our team is currently manually crediting missing flights, and any applicable credits will appear in accounts before final badges are added later today.

All flights taken under booking references ABC123, DEF456, and GHI789 have been credited or are in the process of being credited to your account.

Best regards,

the Earn Your Wings team / mg
Looks like mh got some help!
canadiancow likes this.
Old Feb 4, 2020, 1:37 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, *G, Bonvoy Plat, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC, Enterprise Plat
Originally Posted by SearsTower
the Earn Your Wings team / mg
Looks like mh got some help!
Or the letter G is next to H, and our friend MH is leaving for vacation tonight at 17:00
canadiancow and SearsTower like this.
Old Feb 4, 2020, 1:49 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, AC 1MM, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold,Hertz something or other, Sandals Sapphire, etc
and here we go, miles are being credited and leaderboard is changing
canadiancow likes this.
Old Feb 4, 2020, 1:53 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
It looks done, but I'm somehow missing 200 wings. I can't figure it out.

I can't believe how many people jumped up though. The bovine almost got knocked out!

Edit: My math was off. Their numbers match mine.
Yhztraveller likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.