Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Any alternative to 3 ppl phoning in? (Sched change)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 25, 2019, 3:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC SEMM; AA,DL, Hyatt and Starwood. Ex-status:SQ PPS,CSA,Hilton,AA,UA

Air Canada has changed the timing of our Sept YOW-LHR flight by 4 hours (late LHR slot to early LHR slot). 3 of us are travelling, on a mix of Aeroplan IKK J and aircanada.com purchased upgradeable-econ tickets, with different connections but together on that flight. The new timings are impossible for one of us and inconvenient for the 2 others.

Is there any alternative to all 3 of us independently phoning in (2x Aeroplan and 1x Air Canada)? 2 of us are SE100K and one no status (my mother in law, on my points ticket).

a) Can I dump the whole thing in the lap of the SE100K email address, with requested changes? Can they reticket an Aeroplan ticket at all? Can they reticket anything, even the AC.com ticket?
b) If not, is there one place we can call to take care of fixing all the tickets, including will AC/AP let one of us assert we're speaking for all 3 (and nominally change "someone else's" ticket?)

Thanks!
Old Jul 25, 2019, 7:38 am

Programs: AC SE100K, F9 100k, NK Gold, UA *S, Hyatt Glob, Bonvoy Titanium
If the trip.is >24hrs in the future I would not expect to be able to accomplish this via an email, even if you are SE100k.

Lots of peope act as travel coordinators for small groups of family/friends. When you call mention that YOU booked two other travel companions that also need changed. I'd start with AC and do the paid ticket first. they can modify even an Aeroplan ticket (if they WANT to do so).... and telling them during the first change may make it easier as they will be able to verify enough seats are available etc.

AC may (should) verify names/dates of birth and (rarely) credit card info used for the booking.

If you call Aeroplan they will verify each account used for points bookings.
Old Jul 25, 2019, 10:09 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
At one point, it was against union rules for AC res agents to touch Aeroplan bookings outside of day of departure IRROPS.

Other than that, I'd also start with AC, but I expect this to require two phone calls. One to AC and one to Aeroplan.

Also, if you're an upgrade, booking your MIL in IKK J is technically a violation of the program rules.
Old Jul 25, 2019, 11:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by canadiancow

Also, if you're an upgrade, booking your MIL in IKK J is technically a violation of the program rules.
didn't that rule get eliminated years ago when they introduced the limitation of the number of IKKs? (Although admittedly it remained on the Aeroplan web page at least until recently.)
Old Jul 25, 2019, 11:26 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Stranger
didn't that rule get eliminated years ago when they introduced the limitation of the number of IKKs? (Although admittedly it remained on the Aeroplan web page at least until recently.)
No.

https://altitude.aircanada.com/status/priority-rewards

However, note that for international* itineraries booked in Signature Class, your Privilege may only be extended to immediate family members** when you are not traveling with them on the same flight reward reservation. In order to designate your immediate family members, as well as to book a Priority Reward on their behalf, you must call the Aeroplan Contact Centre. Please note that your list of designated family members may only be provided once during the course of your benefit year.

Additionally, when you hold a purchased ticket booked in Signature Class (J, C, D, Z or P booking classes), this Privilege can be extended to any other travelers as long as they travel with you on the same date on at least one international flight operated by Air Canada. This is not valid with purchased Economy Class tickets that are upgraded. These Priority Reward reservations must be completed through the Aeroplan Contact Centre.

* International destinations are defined as those beyond Canada,the contiguous United States and Alaska.

** Immediate family members are defined as a spouse (legally married, common-law partner or same sex) and up to five dependant children (up to and including the age of 24, part of the family unit and still financially dependent on the Altitude Super Elite 100K member). Air Canada and Aeroplan reserve the right to, at any time, request proof of eligibility of the designated family members. This verification may be performed by providing documents including, but not limited to, marriage licenses and birth certificates. If appropriate verification is not provided to the satisfaction of Air Canada and/or Aeroplan at their sole discretion, we reserve the right to cancel any confirmed Priority Reward reservations.
I recently had a P class ticket and booked a friend to accompany me with IKK, but I did it the same way I assume the OP did to avoid the $30 fee. But now I can just book them in Y online (free) then call in to change them to J (free for SE), so that I'm wasting an agent's time to "technically" follow the guidelines.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.