Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Options for using cancellation credit?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 22, 2019, 12:38 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Air Canada Aeroplan

I have a credit from a cancelled flight that I would like to use for a new booking. Today and yesterday I tried to call. Held for well over an hour on both occasions to no response and eventually a dropped call (on E35K priority line). Can I use the credit in any way other than having to call? Or is there a better strategy for getting through (time of day etc)?
Old Jul 22, 2019, 2:43 pm

Programs: AC E35K, NEXUS
I was told I had to call. I said I can't call. I will cross the bridge when I come to it, but my plan was to DM ACAltitude for guidance. They are not set up to take payments, which is the main problem for that medium. I will be interested in the answers to this Q.
Old Jul 22, 2019, 7:40 pm

Programs: E50K, DL GM, Bonvoy Platinum Elite
If the flight was cancelled. I would push for a refund to the original method of payment.
Old Jul 22, 2019, 7:43 pm

I'm assuming the question refers to a flight that operated as scheduled but the passenger cancelled his/her plan to be on it. That was the scenario in my case. I had to re-route to attend a funeral and then onwards on UA so I have a credit to use (less change fee).
Old Jul 22, 2019, 8:48 pm

Programs: *$ Green
Originally Posted by Mauricio23
I have a credit from a cancelled flight that I would like to use for a new booking. Today and yesterday I tried to call. Held for well over an hour on both occasions to no response and eventually a dropped call (on E35K priority line). Can I use the credit in any way other than having to call? Or is there a better strategy for getting through (time of day etc)?
https://refundservices.business.conduent.com/aircanada/refunds/create

1. Other
2. My option is not listed
3. I have an existing credit (ticket/voucher) and wish to use that credit as payment towards a new ticket

Do know that it will take a while before you get a refund. Also make sure you understand the basic principles of ticket exchanges so that you don't end up with a surprise.

Also, you'll have to wait until you're done flying before you can send that refund request.

This is the only way to process it post purchase. If you don't want to wait for the refund, call in. And don't buy and then call after buying instead of filling the form.
Old Jul 22, 2019, 10:38 pm

Isn't that scary, again, a website that is not on the aircanada.com domain that is asking for ticket numbers and such?
Isn't AC a big enough business they could have a page on their own site that refers invisibly to whatever processor they are using?
eracerblue and canadiancow like this.
Old Jul 22, 2019, 11:51 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Air Canada Aeroplan
The flight was not canceled, I canceled it. No refunds, only credit.
I finally got through today, after an additional 45 minutes on hold. How Air Canada makes money is beyond my comprehension.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.