Search

Confusing AC change fees

Search this Thread

Old Jul 22, 2019, 11:44 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC - Aeroplan
Confusing AC change fees

Hello,

I had a trip booked with AC but I need to do some changes to my itinerary. I'm using the online tool and the expected payment is very confusing to me.

payment

From my understanding I have to pay the transportation fees + change fees totalling 533$. They will then reimburse me the previous transportation fees from Belgium equaling 236$, meaning in the end, my grand total will be a payment of 299.83? Is this correct?

I find it a bit confusing having 2 grand totals. Why not just show what you will pay, what you will get reimbursed and the actual grand total of what will be paid.

My guess is probably because they cannot make the reimbursement and the purchase in the same transaction? There isn't any other small text explaining the payment.

Thanks for your help.
Old Jul 22, 2019, 11:49 am

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
Your logic seems correct to me, but I haven't seen this particular page before.
Old Jul 22, 2019, 12:23 pm
Original Poster

What bugs me is that the top right corner has a payment summary that you can click an arrow and it unfolds to show the same information as the image I attached, but when it's collapsed, it only shows 533.11$
Old Jul 22, 2019, 1:35 pm

Programs: AC SE100K 1MM, IHG Spire, Hertz PC, Avis Preferred Plus
I noticed the "Refund" section when I made a couple changes last week. I'd never seen that before. In both cases I was due a small refund of around $3 or so due to differences in taxes but nothing got refunded to my card. I got charged the full amount under "Additional Charges" though. I debating calling in to see why I did not get a refund but the small amount just isn't worth the time.
Old Jul 22, 2019, 1:37 pm
Original Poster

So I went ahead with the changes, and the e-mail layout of the payment summary seems more clear. I pay some, they refund me some.

Last edited by nibixi; Jul 22, 2019 at 3:16 pm
Old Jul 22, 2019, 2:46 pm

Programs: AC E35K, NEXUS
You may want to edit the image to remove the personal name.
(and maybe make the image smaller)
Old Jul 22, 2019, 3:15 pm
Original Poster

I quickly scanned to make sure there wasn't any but I missed it, thank for pointing it out.

As for the transaction. I currently have 2 payments on my credits card, no refund that don't match anything. So still a mystery, but since they are authorized but not processed yet, the numbers might change... we'll see.
flyquiet likes this.
Old Jul 23, 2019, 5:13 am

Programs: *$ Green
The refunds are only done on a deferred basis, and happen because they can't use, say, a GST balance to pay an HST amount owing.

Also, I think AC doesn't reimburse amounts less than $10.
Old Aug 13, 2019, 1:34 pm
Original Poster

Following up on this.

I was charged $150.00 and $233.11 on July 22nd, but still no reimbursement after 3 weeks. I called in today and they said reimbursement take up to 6 weeks.
Old Aug 13, 2019, 3:59 pm

Programs: *$ Green
Originally Posted by Monocycliste
Following up on this.

I was charged $150.00 and $233.11 on July 22nd, but still no reimbursement after 3 weeks. I called in today and they said reimbursement take up to 6 weeks.
Yes it definitely such a and is definitely annoying.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.