E90 vs A320 in domestic J

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20, 2019, 2:25 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: Anything with sweet spots
E90 vs A320 in domestic J

Which is better ? The flights is YHZ-YUL

is hot food served in the A320 J cabin ?
Old Jul 20, 2019, 2:37 pm

Programs: Air France Flying Blue, Altitude SE-100k, AAdvantage, United Mileage Plus, WS rewards, BonVoy Titan
I like J in the E90 on the YYZ-GCM run when I'm by myself. If I'm lucky to get seat selection I like the solo seat on the left side of the cabin. On that run they serve hot meals BTW...
Old Jul 20, 2019, 2:47 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite. NEXUS
Service is going to depend on distance, not aircraft. YHZ-YUL you'll get a snack in either aircraft; this has been in the last few months anything from smoked salmon to cheese and crackers. I don't know what the cut off is. YHZ-YUL is 499 mi, YHZ-YYZ is 800, and that gets hot meals.

The snacks, or full meals, are the same in the E75//90 vs A32x... or anything else domestic/tb/sun, less signature service.

I might be slightly biased towards the E75//90. Seats are smaller, but snagging an A seat you have window and aisle, so more personal space. Catch is you have to be really on the ball laying claim to overhead bin space, as it is quite limited.
Old Jul 21, 2019, 6:28 am

The difference between a J seat on the A320 and E90 is minimal. I would book based on schedule.

The cut-off flight time for hot meals is somewhere around 2 hours, so you won't get one YHZ-YUL.
canadiancow likes this.
Old Jul 22, 2019, 9:03 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1k SPG Platinum
the A320s are almost 30 years old so its got to be a big part of AC on time performance problems. Take the E90 its the same seat, and if you have the single seat I think its better than the 320s.
Old Jul 22, 2019, 9:05 am

Programs: UA 1K, MR Titanium, IHG Gold, National Exec
Originally Posted by StuMcIlwain
The cut-off flight time for hot meals is somewhere around 2 hours, so you won't get one YHZ-YUL.
Except breakfast.
canadiancow and marke190 like this.
Old Jul 22, 2019, 10:33 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Service in J will be worse on the E90. There are only 2 FAs, so when the SD finishes with J service, they will head back to Y to help there. On a flight of this length, I doubt they'll come back to J.

A 320 will have 3 FAs, one of whom will remain stationed up front.

That being said, this is probably the difference of one drink. I'd go with schedule and price as the only deciding factors.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.