Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

P fare class "is not eligible for Aeroplan miles"

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 14, 2019 | 10:35 am
Original Poster

Programs: Air Canada SE

I recently travelled on a 3-leg multi-city itinerary (YYZ>YVR>HKG) > YVR > YYZ - all booked in P and ticketed on Air Canada.

The four flight segments have posted with no AQM, AQD or AQS credit - I submitted a missing mileage request through Aeroplan's website with the response "The request for your missing miles was not approved by our airline partner because the fare you booked for the flight is not eligible for Aeroplan Miles."

The flights were booked through aircanada.com and the booking confirmation shows that each segment is in P class and is eligible for 150% mile accumulation, so I'm assuming that the "fare you booked for the flight is not eligible" response is an error. The only change that was made to the reservation after booking was a change to the date of the last flight segment from YVR > YYZ, for which I paid a fare difference and change fee.

Does anyone have any suggestions for the best approach to sort this out? I assume I need to be following up with Air Canada, since Aeroplan have stated "not approved by our airline partner". I submitted a query to Air Canada last week through the Contact Us form on their web-site, but haven't heard anything back, and I'm not sure if I will. I was going to try the super elite mailbox address next, but beyond that are there any other contact options I should be trying?
Old Jul 14, 2019 | 10:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
50 Countries Visited2M20 Years on Site

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Did AC sneak in a recent change to follow in the footsteps of other carriers regarding lowest J becoming zero status miles (AQM)?
I hope not.

(Am I fearmongering? )
Old Jul 14, 2019 | 10:41 am
15 Years on Site

Programs: AC SE*MM, Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Gold, National EE, Sixt Plat, Hz 5*
Super elite mailbox will work. I had original routing credit issue a few months ago and received the same response. I emailed the super elite email and had my miles about a month later.
eos75 likes this.
Old Jul 14, 2019 | 2:28 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
40 Countries Visited1M10 Years on Site

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Was it booked with a coupon code or anything like that?

I know when I had a C-class booking with a 100% off code, it was not eligible for AQM, even though it was booked directly on AC.com.

I've never had that issue with 25% (or lower) codes, but certain promotions can definitely affect the ability to accrue AQ*.
Old Jul 14, 2019 | 3:14 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Air Canada SE
No promotion codes were applied to this booking; I just paid the lowest business fare as offered. The return fare was around $4.5K with taxes, which is on the lower side of what I've paid in the past, but doesn't seem out of the ordinary for this route
canadiancow likes this.
Old Jul 14, 2019 | 8:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by canadiancow

I know when I had a C-class booking with a 100% off code, it was not eligible for AQM, even though it was booked directly on AC.com.

I've never had that issue with 25% (or lower) codes, but certain promotions can definitely affect the ability to accrue AQ*.
100% off code? Do explain.
Old Jul 15, 2019 | 12:06 am

Originally Posted by Jasper2009
Leave it to a mod to bring a thread off topic

It was provided for very specific reasons to be used in a very specific manner.

But by using the code, it prevented the accumulation of AQM.
Old Jul 16, 2019 | 10:34 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1k SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by Jasper2009
secret shopper.
Old Jul 16, 2019 | 10:47 am
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by mellon
secret shopper.
Old Jul 16, 2019 | 11:18 am
50 Countries Visited10 Years on Site

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
Originally Posted by mellon
secret shopper.
There's a blast from the past!
Old Jul 16, 2019 | 11:20 am

Programs: *$ Green
Soo... do we have an answer to this or?
Old Jul 16, 2019 | 1:10 pm
10 Years on Site

Programs: AC*Super Elite (100K) / PR*Elite / AY*Platinum (OWE) / SPG*Bonvoy Titanium (LTT)
Originally Posted by canadiancow

Hey Cow,

I booked 2 tickets using the 15% off raptors code and the other using 20% off due to flight being switched to rouge.

How would i know if my flights would accrue AQM and AQD using these promotion/discount codes??
Old Jul 16, 2019 | 1:41 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by supatight80
Hey Cow,

I booked 2 tickets using the 15% off raptors code and the other using 20% off due to flight being switched to rouge.

How would i know if my flights would accrue AQM and AQD using these promotion/discount codes??

AC has those 15% promos from time to time, Black Friday, Boxing Day, Raptors, some other holiday e.g. Lantern 15% last Feb for CNY, Hug a Bear Day, and so on. And then there are the 15% plus other codes for compensation of some sort.

When you enter the code in the field on the main booking page, the 15% is automatically deducted from the base fare. Your AQM is still based on the miles you flew (Base plus COS if any) and the AQD is based on the Base Fare plus surcharges that appear on the Summary page (which some prefer to screen shot as it is the info that AQD should match when posted). Trust, but verify, lol.
Old Jul 16, 2019 | 1:48 pm

Originally Posted by supatight80
Hey Cow,

I've never seen a promotion code at that level that was not eligible for accumulation of AQM. And if you earn AQM, you also earn AQD (on what you actually paid).

Originally Posted by 24left
AC has those 15% promos from time to time, Black Friday, Boxing Day, Raptors, some other holiday e.g. Lantern 15% last Feb for CNY, Hug a Bear Day, and so on. And then there are the 15% plus other codes for compensation of some sort.

When you enter the code in the field on the main booking page, the 15% is automatically deducted from the base fare. You AQM is still based n the miles you flew (Base plus COS if any) and the AQD is based on the Base Fare plus surcharges that appear on the Summary page (which some prefer to screen shot as it is the info that AQD should match when posted)
Unless the code prevents that. But I've never seen a public (Raptors, etc.) or general goodwill (up to 25% or so) that had this restriction.

I mentioned it because it was a possibility given the strange circumstance of P being "ineligible", but I think it's highly unlikely that any general-purpose code would prevent accumulation.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.