Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Can I check in from a different city ?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 12, 2019, 7:23 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC 50K, *A Gold

Hi guys, I am unable to checkin for my flight online or on the mobile app. I am flying on two different PNR's but able to check in for the second leg.

LGA-YUL : 1 PNR - got my boarding pass and everything is good
2h50mins layover in YUL
YUL-BRU : 1 PNR - unable to checkin

can I checkin at LGA for my YUL-BRU even thought it is a different reservation? Everything is booked on Air Canada metal.
Old Jul 12, 2019, 7:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by royal757
Hi guys, I am unable to checkin for my flight online or on the mobile app. I am flying on two different PNR's but able to check in for the second leg.

2h50mins layover in YUL

can I checkin at LGA for my YUL-BRU even thought it is a different reservation? Everything is booked on Air Canada metal.
Yes, I do this all the time on different reservations and get all of my boarding passes for that day, all on different reservations, at the first airport of the day.

I am assuming you're not outside of the T-24 hour window for YULBRU though, which means there could be other reasons why you can't OLCI YULBRU especially if it's on a separate ticket.
Old Jul 12, 2019, 7:27 am

Programs: NEXUS GE, TSA-Pre, AC E50K
You have to let the agent know this though. Also - if there is a delay, you risk being automatically protected for your connecting flights.
Old Jul 12, 2019, 7:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by knotseh
You have to let the agent know this though. Also - if there is a delay, you risk being automatically protected for your connecting flights.
Very true indeed.
I thought this goes without saying (as I had to explicitly tell the check-in agent all of the BPs I need for that day / flight numbers / etc.), but still true.
Old Jul 12, 2019, 7:36 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by yyznomad
Yes, I do this all the time on different reservations and get all of my boarding passes for that day, all on different reservations, at the first airport of the day.

I am assuming you're not outside of the T-24 hour window for YULBRU though, which means there could be other reasons why you can't OLCI YULBRU especially if it's on a separate ticket.
No I am in the 24hour window, flight departs at 7:50pm tonight, and my LGA-YUL arrives at 5pm tonight. So maybe some other factor indeed is not allowing me to cehckin

can they protect me even thought both flights are on seperate reservations and I self-connect?

Do you guys think I am SSSS ??
Old Jul 12, 2019, 7:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

No I in the 24hour window, flight departs at 7:50pm tonight, and my LGA-YUL arrives at 5pm tonight.

can they protect me even thought both flights are on seperate reservations and I self-connect?
can
Um... I'm only answering your first question.

(the main gist is... two separate tickets == "book at your own risk", but YMMV)

SSSS? That's possible but you haven't really divulged much detail for any of us to even guess what the issue could be.
Old Jul 12, 2019, 7:41 am
Original Poster

Um... I'm only answering your first question.

(the main gist is... two separate tickets == "book at your own risk", but YMMV)

SSSS? That's possible but you haven't really divulged much detail for any of us to even guess what the issue could be.
hmm what details would you need?

I am unable to checkin or go past the first page of the checkin on the app, nor the website.

I'm 25K, and fly LGA-YUL-YUL every two weeks, but this weekend I am doing LGA-YUL on one PNR, and YUL-BRU-NCE-FRA-YUL on a seperate PNR. And staying 1 week in NCE, 1 week in YUL and then on a thrid PNR heading back to LGA on YUL-LGA.

I haven't been SSSS in 2 years.
Old Jul 12, 2019, 7:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

hmm what details would you need?

I am unable to checkin or go past the first page of the checkin on the app, nor the website.

I'm 25K, and fly LGA-YUL-YUL every two weeks, but this weekend I am doing LGA-YUL on one PNR, and YUL-BRU-NCE-FRA-YUL on a seperate PNR. And staying 1 week in NCE, 1 week in YUL and then on a thrid PNR heading back to LGA on YUL-LGA.

And I haven't had SSSS in 13 years.
I don't know what info I/we want, but there could be many reasons why you can't OLCI for a T<24 flight (SSSS would be one of the more inconvenient reasons). I've experienced this from time-to-time, and after I get to the airport, no problems at check-in.
Can you view the YULBRUNCEFRAYUL reservation online at least? Any peculiar notes or weird display of information while viewing your reservation online? Did you try to upgrade? How did you try to upgrade? Maybe they want to do a doc check in-person at the airport for some reason?
Grasping at straws now.

But we've answered your OP question. Everything else is bonus.
knotseh likes this.
Old Jul 12, 2019, 8:02 am

Programs: NEXUS GE, TSA-Pre, AC E50K

I've never been SSSS thankfully.
I think we're similar, both based in NYC and fly LGA-YYZ/YUL here and there.
Just keep in mind, NE corridor gets crazy so careful on the no-shows. It'll be nuts today.tons of cancelled flights yesterday.
Old Jul 12, 2019, 8:20 am
Original Poster

And I haven't had SSSS in 13 years.
I don't know what info I/we want, but there could be many reasons why you can't OLCI for a T<24 flight (SSSS would be one of the more inconvenient reasons). I've experienced this from time-to-time, and after I get to the airport, no problems at check-in.
Can you view the YULBRUNCEFRAYUL reservation online at least? Any peculiar notes or weird display of information while viewing your reservation online? Did you try to upgrade? How did you try to upgrade? Maybe they want to do a doc check in-person at the airport for some reason?
Grasping at straws now.

But we've answered your OP question. Everything else is bonus.
yes, original question has been answered THX! But to be more specific, yes, the return leg FRA-YUL is on Lufthansa and I am using my father's Swiss senator "e-voucher upgrade" to upgrade the FRA-YUL leg, and I am on waitlist. The BRU-NCE is on Brussel Airlines metal, but the whole ticket was ticketed through Brussel Airlines inventory so I'm guessing it's all a big confusing ticket. That might be why?
Old Jul 12, 2019, 8:22 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by knotseh
I've never been SSSS thankfully.
I think we're similar, both based in NYC and fly LGA-YYZ/YUL here and there.
Just keep in mind, NE corridor gets crazy so careful on the no-shows. It'll be nuts today.tons of cancelled flights yesterday.
Yea I saw, because of the rain last night there we plenty of cancelled. But I have a friend that did a load factor check this AM (he has access to the standby website for employees as he works there) and it doesn't seem that bad. My AC747 flight got up gauged to a E190 from a E175, so that's cool. But the other flight are all overbooked by 1-2 pax max.
Old Jul 12, 2019, 8:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

yes, original question has been answered THX! But to be more specific, yes, the return leg FRA-YUL is on Lufthansa and I am using my father's Swiss senator "e-voucher upgrade" to upgrade the FRA-YUL leg, and I am on waitlist. The BRU-NCE is on Brussel Airlines metal, but the whole ticket was ticketed through Brussel Airlines inventory so I'm guessing it's all a big confusing ticket. That might be why?
I don't know why. But anything that (ever so slightly) muddles up an AC booking can cause issues.
I've booked separate mixed ticket PNRs for TATL trips many, many times. Often one way TATLs and then several one way, open jaws, return bookings within Europe. This has never caused me any OLCI issues that I know of.
Old Jul 12, 2019, 8:29 am

Programs: Aeroplan, NEXUS
Do you guys think I am SSSS ??
I always thought that SSSS is only Domestic Flights w/i the US and Int'l Flights into and departing the US. YUL-BRU would not fit that category, so...?
Old Jul 12, 2019, 9:42 am

2h50mins layover in YUL
I am assuming you're not outside of the T-24 hour window
If it were, LGA-YUL would have to be via camel. And I'm not referring to Sopwith.
Old Jul 12, 2019, 11:03 am

Programs: *$ Green
Originally Posted by OSSYULYYZ
I always thought that SSSS is only Domestic Flights w/i the US and Int'l Flights into and departing the US. YUL-BRU would not fit that category, so...?
I've had SSSS on an AC ticker from GVA to YUL (other person on the PNR had nothing).

Got a DOCOK on BP.

Funny enough, I had a Canadian passport, and the person I was flying with was on EU passport with Canadian PR.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.