Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Question: Preferred seating Q400 Pay again to change?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Question: Preferred seating Q400 Pay again to change?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 12, 2019, 4:12 am
Original Poster

Programs: VS FC Gold, BA EC Gold, Amex Centurion, EK Gold, ex-G-ATVK driver
Preferred seating Q400 Pay again to change?

I'm a noob on the AC forum so please bear with me,

I have a short hop YVR-YQQ-YVR in a couple of weeks, and at the point of booking online a few weeks ago I already paid CAD11 for preferred seating outward and return. I went to MMB today to try to change the seats, but it seems to want to charge me CAD15 each hop for the privilege.of changing to a different preferred seat.

Is this normal?
Old Jul 12, 2019, 5:38 am

Programs: airlines and hotels and rental cars - oh my!
Sadly, yes. But save your money, ... it's a very short flight and to be perfectly honest, one seat in a Q400 isn't much different than any of the others.
Old Jul 12, 2019, 10:34 am

Programs: AC Elite50k, BAEC Blue, Amex Plat, RBC Black Tin Visa
Originally Posted by Symmetre
Sadly, yes. But save your money, ... it's a very short flight and to be perfectly honest, one seat in a Q400 isn't much different than any of the others.
+1
Old Jul 12, 2019, 10:59 am

Programs: *$ Green
Originally Posted by Howard Long
I'm a noob on the AC forum so please bear with me,

I have a short hop YVR-YQQ-YVR in a couple of weeks, and at the point of booking online a few weeks ago I already paid CAD11 for preferred seating outward and return. I went to MMB today to try to change the seats, but it seems to want to charge me CAD15 each hop for the privilege.of changing to a different preferred seat.

Is this normal?
Preferred seats are fully refundable. Call in to get the original seat refunded, and the new seat charged.
Old Jul 12, 2019, 3:04 pm

Programs: AC E35K, NEXUS
That is the sort of thing you might be able to do over Twitter as well. If you inquire they will invite you to DM them and you can provide the PNR and info and they can make a change if no additional fees to collect.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.