Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Denied boarding for not having eTA. Any recourse?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Denied boarding for not having eTA. Any recourse?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 7, 2019, 6:03 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
@ellylex

Posters in this thread have tried to help you. Even if you think the answers they may have provided did not answer your questions, you should accept what was offered and say thank you. You will not encourage anyone to help you by suggesting they are trolls or are trolling you.

A couple of key questions were asked of you. Either you don't know the answer or won't provide it.

As such, aside from some very interesting posts in this thread which make for good learning for others who may want to fly AC to Canada, I am not sure what else can be offered here.
milski, Finkface and nancypants like this.
Old Jul 7, 2019, 6:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ellylex;31279131[b
]If LOT denied her boarding - at least she might have had an opportunity for refund from other source.
I made my argument very clear. I do not understand Your "maybes". I am discussing an absolutely different aspect/question.

If You have read what I wrote and understood it - You and many others would not be guessing on what I am envisioning. I clearly stated my argument in the first post. And clearly asked two questions, which I reduced to one.
What other source?

The denial boarding is based on she does not process needed travel document to travel to her destination - I think as much as you would want to, you cannot deny this FACT. In this case, NO OTA / Airlines would give you any compensation other than a goodwill gesture as many pointed out. Yet you insist there should be some legal / ethical grounds that your "friend" should deserve something...

Why you insist on others (the OTA, LOT and AC) be responsible for the mistake the passenger made? Just like the 2018 thread you started for other "friends" missed their flights due to they did not arrive the correct transfer desk within Airside? Nobody's fault but their own, but you kept insisting they were owe something... So what was the final outcome of that incident? Did they receive anything or not? You have not had the decency to update the 2018 thread.

Here we go again, another "go for bat" thread for another "friend" who missed her flight, this time even worse - not processing the required document to enter a foreign country...
nancypants likes this.

Last edited by tcook052; Jul 7, 2019 at 7:24 pm Reason: unhelpful comment
Old Jul 7, 2019, 6:06 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite. NEXUS
Originally Posted by ellylex
I apologize but I cannot assist you
With the relevant details of the situation unknowable, then the wisdom of the experts that you desire to provide a plan to get maximum satisfaction is also unknowable.

​​​​​​

Last edited by tcook052; Jul 7, 2019 at 7:25 pm Reason: edit quote
Old Jul 7, 2019, 6:33 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Exclamation

Now that my finger is sore from hitting the edit & delete buttons a number of times in this thread that spun well and truly out of control I'll leave it closed as I can't imagine anything productive coming from reopening it and I have a very good imagination. Those members who need speaking to I'll be contacting shortly.

tcook052
AC forum moderator

Last edited by tcook052; Jul 7, 2019 at 7:30 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.