Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Updated baggage allowance and fare codes

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 21, 2019, 10:57 am
Original Poster

Programs: TK Elite *A Gold, Air Berlin Gold - One World Sapphire, Westjet Gold, Avis Preferred, IHG Gold

(Apologies for two posts, there was an issue with an image attachment in the previous)

Good Afternoon,

As far as I know, this is the most up-to-date link for ACs checked luggage allowances:
https://www.aircanada.com/uk/en/aco/...e/checked.html
My allowances for recent trip in image below:

Outbound LHR-YYZ was no issue, on the inbound YYZ-LHR the check-in agent was adamant that I only had the right to one free checked bag and they wanted to charge me $150 CAD for the second. I said (politely) fine, you don't write the rules and took my cabin size rollaboard back and said I'd take it with me. They said that "Oh, Okay, I can check it as a carry-on exception" Never heard that before, but fine. My codes were Economy Standard L outbound and T inbound. Someone have a link for the complete fare and code breakdowns for AC? I can't seem to find one. I also seem to have been credited 25% of my miles each way on this flight instead of 50% which is odd.

Any thoughts? Is this another enhancement?

ZT
Old Jun 21, 2019, 11:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

CAD 150 does not seem to make sense? If the agent missed your gold status and fare bas Basic L fee would be CAD 100.
Old Jun 21, 2019, 11:20 am

Programs: AC 75K
Originally Posted by Stranger
CAD 150 does not seem to make sense? If the agent missed your gold status and fare bas Basic L fee would be CAD 100.
Sounds to me like you're affected by the problem in this thread: Booked Standard, showing as Basic

Can't reconcile the baggage cost, but the 25% miles make it seem to me the booking was somehow converted to Basic.

I'd write in to Customer Relations.
Old Jun 21, 2019, 4:22 pm
Original Poster

Programs: TK Elite *A Gold, Air Berlin Gold - One World Sapphire, Westjet Gold, Avis Preferred, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by ChrisA330
Sounds to me like you're affected by the problem in this thread: Booked Standard, showing as Basic

Can't reconcile the baggage cost, but the 25% miles make it seem to me the booking was somehow converted to Basic.

I'd write in to Customer Relations.
Thank you for all your responses, I believe that the above is the case and I will have to chase for my mileage credit.

Cheers,

ZT

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.