Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

AC 1897 Sept 2nd 2019 - sold out or cancelled?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 8, 2019, 6:43 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United Silver, Bonvoy Titanium, Hyatt Explorist

I'm getting conflicting information from AC whether the above flight is sold out or cancelled. I booked the above flight through United as a codeshare (AC operated). I received a call from United today saying I needed to change flights due to a schedule change. Can anyone with expertflyer check? I'm trying to figure out If I'm getting the shaft as I booked as a codeshare through United.
Old Jun 8, 2019, 6:49 pm

Programs: AC75 MM
LAS-YVR right?
EF only shows a 7:05 am direct flight (lots of availability, AC1899). No 1897 and all other flights have a connection.
Old Jun 8, 2019, 6:51 pm

Programs: *$ Green
Originally Posted by eyeball1
I'm getting conflicting information from AC whether the above flight is sold out or cancelled. I booked the above flight through United as a codeshare (AC operated). I received a call from United today saying I needed to change flights due to a schedule change. Can anyone with expertflyer check? I'm trying to figure out If I'm getting the shaft as I booked as a codeshare through United.
You're not going to get bumped out of a flight as a schedule because the airline thinks it's funny, or because you posted a sparky comment on FT.

If there's a schedule change, I'd look into other / better options and go for it.
Old Jun 8, 2019, 6:57 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SparseFlyer
You're not going to get bumped out of a flight as a schedule because the airline thinks it's funny, or because you posted a sparky comment on FT.

If there's a schedule change, I'd look into other / better options and go for it.
One AC rep said it's cancelled, another said it's just sold out so the flight is "zeroed out". Some friends on the same flight still show it as still running in their bookings and their seats are intact. The AC PDF timetable says it is available. Hence my confusion.
Old Jun 8, 2019, 7:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Seems that flight only exists until June 15. Not listed any day after that date.
Old Jun 11, 2019, 7:11 pm
Original Poster

Turns out the flight in question was indeed cancelled. The flight then resumes daily starting the next day Sept 3rd, 2019 after not being scheduled over the summer. Interesting a United representative actually called me 2 months ahead to notify me of the change (booked through United, AC operated flight).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.