Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Flight duplicated in itinerary - can't change seats as a result

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23, 2019, 9:52 am
Original Poster

Hi all,
Recent schedule changes to an upcoming trip messed up my seat selection, so over the past couple of days I've been trying to get my seats back. Today, when I went to attempt the seat selection change again I noticed that my itinerary is showing two of the same flight number, and as a result it won't let me access the seat map to change my seat selection.

My itinerary currently looks like this:
6/29 AC8 HKG to YVR
6/29 22:30 AC128 YVR to YYZ
6/29 22:50 AC128 YVR to YYZ
6/30 08:15 AC7502 YYZ to BWI

Is anyone else seeing something similar? Should I wait for AC to fix this or call in?
Old Apr 23, 2019, 9:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

That happens when there is a change in itinerary, when the file has not yet been cleaned up. Includes old and new ones. Eventually they will clean this up. Or, phoning them, an agent will.
Old Apr 23, 2019, 2:21 pm

Programs: AC SE
For what it’s worth, I find their Twitter support ideal for this kind of issue.
Old Apr 24, 2019, 7:42 am
Original Poster

Sure enough, got the schedule change email last night. Thanks for everyone's help - going to try to get my seats back again today, and if that doesn't work it's off to Twitter.
Old Apr 24, 2019, 7:51 am

Programs: AC SE100K MM, Princess Elite
Originally Posted by szehui
Sure enough, got the schedule change email last night. Thanks for everyone's help - going to try to get my seats back again today, and if that doesn't work it's off to Twitter.
If your original seats have been selected by someone else now, good luck. If they are unassigned. No problem.
Old Apr 24, 2019, 10:41 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by yyz_atc_qq
If your original seats have been selected by someone else now, good luck. If they are unassigned. No problem.
Fair point. I should clarify - I'm not necessarily expecting to get back the exact seats I had before, just trying to make sure that my 5-year-old isn't on her own two rows up from the rest of us (which is currently the case). The priority is getting a block of four seats across a middle section on AC8 so that our family of four doesn't end up having to climb over others.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.