Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Quickest/Easiest way to gain access to MLL

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Quickest/Easiest way to gain access to MLL

Search this Thread

Old Apr 20, 2019, 9:56 am

Programs: It's hard to get status when the website won't let me book flights.
I don't understand why no one has answered the thread question yet with the actual answer of the quickest and easiest way to gain access.

Run in, bolt past the desk, while laughing and saying "catch me if you can suckers".

I can't promise your access will be long-lived or what you were looking for - but that is the quickest and easiest way.
Old Apr 20, 2019, 11:56 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by YVRtoYYZ
Note: it will be trans-border MLL on the outbound.
Yes.
Old Apr 21, 2019, 7:44 pm
Original Poster

Programs: IHG / Airmiles
Not too long, they have been consistently changing my flight (we had 5 revisions sent already) due to the Boewing 737 Max Issue, it varies from 1-3 hours. However, on our way back, we will be in YVR for a solid 5 hours starting at 7am ish (I think if it doesn't change) till 11am for the flight back to Toronto.

Originally Posted by WaytoomuchEurope
How long is your stop at YVR and when? Perhaps I can help with that part.
Old Apr 22, 2019, 2:52 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by RhaspberryWind
Not too long, they have been consistently changing my flight (we had 5 revisions sent already) due to the Boewing 737 Max Issue, it varies from 1-3 hours. However, on our way back, we will be in YVR for a solid 5 hours starting at 7am ish (I think if it doesn't change) till 11am for the flight back to Toronto.
What dates are you passing through? Outbound from YVR-HNL? Inbound from YVR-YYZ? I want to help here but I need the very basic information to do so.
Old Apr 22, 2019, 5:18 pm

Programs: airlines and hotels and rental cars - oh my!
However, on our way back, we will be in YVR for a solid 5 hours starting at 7am ish (I think if it doesn't change) till 11am for the flight back to Toronto.
Can you not get on an earlier flight back to YYZ? In the mornings they leave YVR almost every hour on the hour. Why sit around waiting for hours if you don’t have to?
Old Apr 23, 2019, 6:41 am
Original Poster

Here are my dates:

YVR-OGG:
Outbound: Thursday June 13 landed 14:18, leaving at 17:15
Inbound: Friday June 28 landed 6:25am, leaving at 10:05am

Originally Posted by WaytoomuchEurope
What dates are you passing through? Outbound from YVR-HNL? Inbound from YVR-YYZ? I want to help here but I need the very basic information to do so.
Old Apr 23, 2019, 6:43 am
Original Poster

Yeah, I spoke to a bunch of people and they told me about how to 'get on an earlier flight'. Not sure if this works every time, I heard you walk up to the boarding counter and ask if you could be put on an earlier flight?

Originally Posted by Symmetre

Can you not get on an earlier flight back to YYZ? In the mornings they leave YVR almost every hour on the hour. Why sit around waiting for hours if you don’t have to?
Old Apr 23, 2019, 7:31 am

Programs: AC SE MM, Marriott Titanium
Yeah, I spoke to a bunch of people and they told me about how to 'get on an earlier flight'. Not sure if this works every time, I heard you walk up to the boarding counter and ask if you could be put on an earlier flight?
Given AC's "excellent" on-time performance coupled with flying a B763 which is notorious for mx issues, I would say that the 3.5hr connection in YVR would likely only be 1.5 hours of waiting after clearing immigration and before boarding your YVR-YYZ flight. If you've got lounge access in YVR, that is enough time for a shower, breakfast, and then onwards to the gate.
Old Apr 23, 2019, 7:58 am

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
Sure you can, normally costs $75 per person, or so. Even if the flight you are on is oversold.

Cost depends upon the ticket... Comfort might be free or less, Basic probably not an option.
Old May 6, 2019, 10:40 am

Here are my dates:

YVR-OGG:
Outbound: Thursday June 13 landed 14:18, leaving at 17:15
Inbound: Friday June 28 landed 6:25am, leaving at 10:05am
Air Canada YVR-OGG non-stop departs 5:15p and lands at 8:45p (all local times).
Air Canada OGG-VYR non-stop departs 10:05p and lands Vancouver at 6:35a the following morning (all local times).

Inter-island options arriving Kahului Airport by 9:00p should be fairly easy to book that far in advance.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.