Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Why does the booking locator on AirCanada.ca rarely work?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 27, 2003, 5:47 am
Original Poster

You can view your bookings online:

http://www.aircanada.ca/traveller/viewbooking/

Yet I find that it only happens to work 25% of the time. It usually comes up with an error, "An error has occurred while processing your request. Please try again later".

Does anyone else experience this? Is there another way to look up an Air Canada booking?
Old May 27, 2003, 6:28 am
Original Member

Programs: AC SE 2MM, HH Dd, SPG; IC Pl/A; AA; DL
Have had the same problem recently--used to work fine all the time.
Old May 27, 2003, 10:33 am

Was told that it's only supposed to work for bookings made online at aircanada.ca. Any other bookings, including Aeroplan bookings won't show up there.
Old May 27, 2003, 11:14 am
At Large

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by pdjcrawford:
Was told that it's only supposed to work for bookings made online at aircanada.ca. Any other bookings, including Aeroplan bookings won't show up there.</font>
Neither will those made on Destina show up!!
Old May 27, 2003, 11:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

For bookings on Destina try www.viewtrip.com
and enter Destina locator.
Old May 27, 2003, 11:24 am

Programs: AS MVP/AC75K/AM Gold/UA*S/SPG-Marriott Lifetime Titanium/Accor-FPC Gold/HHDiamond/Hyatt Exp
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by pdjcrawford:
Was told that it's only supposed to work for bookings made online at aircanada.ca. Any other bookings, including Aeroplan bookings won't show up there.</font>
Does this look familiar to anyone?

An error has occured processing your request. Please try again later.
If you wish you can call the Technical Support Desk at 1-866-689-8080.

The people that answer this phone number are completely and utterly useless when it comes to assisting with an booking, however, they are also aware that there are many problems with the View Bookings option. If any part of your booking involves a date change or time change, you will not be able to view your booking. The first reply I got from the agent on this line? "Sir, you should no be viewing these bookings online. You should call 2 numbers - 1.888.247.2262 for AC...blah, blah, blah...totally useless customer service and I fear that web support will not improve in the near future because some AC mgmt team is out to lunch.

Edited to spell 'udderly' correctly. I'm still on my first cup of coffee this am.

[This message has been edited by PointWeasel (edited 05-27-2003).]
Old May 27, 2003, 11:34 am
Company Representative - Air Canada

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">For bookings on Destina try www.viewtrip.com
and enter Destina locator.
</font>
Actually it's www.virtuallythere.com as Destina uses Sabre. Viewtrip is for Galileo.

[This message has been edited by Empress (edited 05-27-2003).]
Old May 27, 2003, 11:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

oops

My age is starting to show !!!!
I remembered a post but wrong site.
Old Jun 26, 2003, 7:44 am

Programs: NZ Elite, AC SE100K, Westjet Teal, Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite, Nexus, Global Entry
Was told that it's only supposed to work for bookings made online at aircanada.ca. .</font>

I'm trying to check a booking online. Using the "Booking Ref" and my name. No luck. I've tried upper case, lower case, still no luck.
Any suggestions. The booking was made online.
Old Jun 26, 2003, 8:18 am

Programs: AC*SE
It always works for me, whether booked on aircanada.com, Travelocity, or Expedia. The hard part is getting Expedia to give me the AC booking reference...

"You don't need that sir, just print your itinerary..."

[This message has been edited by RevvedUp (edited 06-26-2003).]
Old Jun 26, 2003, 3:19 pm
Company Representative - Air Canada

That thing is very sensitive. Even minor thing such as no seat assignment, aircraft change or sked change will cause your booking not to show online.

It's supposed to show all AC booking regardless of how you booked it.
Old Jun 26, 2003, 5:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
I had no problem with my last trip. I was able to call up the booking with the locator, even though it was made by a TA which services my client. I did need to find the AC record locator rather than the one the TA had, I suspect since theirs was booked through SABRE or some other res system.

However, after I upgraded, the AC agent gave me the AC locator and the itinerary came up, complete with my upgraded segment and seating.

So it will work on reservations not made on the AC web site, or even with AC direct.
Old Jun 26, 2003, 7:12 pm

If it doesn't work and you call AC Res and ask to verify your booking, it usually starts working again.
Old Jun 27, 2003, 1:46 am

Programs: Aeroplan 25K , UA ,WJ, HA, AMEX AP Reserve
I find its really quirky.I just booked flights for myself and my family and they ended up being on 3 different files. I keyed in the 3 locatoe numbers my TA gave me, and only 2 of the 3 worked. I thought maybe the TA made a typo in the e-mail, so I phoned AC to check it out. Sure enough, the one that wouldnt work was fine-the agent called up the file, and everyrthing was O.K.
Go figure...
Last winter,we had a time change on our flights to Maui. After that, all of a sudden, I couldn't pull up the file on this feature. It IS quirky!!
Old Jul 7, 2003, 1:24 pm

Programs: NZ Elite, AC SE100K, Westjet Teal, Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite, Nexus, Global Entry
FWIW. My frustration with this got the better or me, I called AC tech support.
They said that any online booking that has had changes made, can NOT be accessed through the online system. This makes no sense to me, however that is the way it is.
Hope this helps other people who are having problems with this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.