Wiki Posts
Search

All J to LAS, PHX, LAX ect.

Search this Thread

Old Jul 4, 2003, 12:47 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

All J to LAS, PHX, LAX ect.

I am thinking of running an all J 80 seat aircraft to sunspotas this winter through our tour operator. R/T fares to Las Vegas would be around $400.00 + Navcan and GST.

Similiar pricing for others. Would you folks pay 400 instead of 299 to Las Vegas to go in J. Would the average Vancouverite?

I'm betting that the average $60-90,000 family will pay 200 more to go in style than be in the middle of 2 seats or worse on Air Transat's 5 across.

Opinions?

Marc Tacchi
Old Jul 4, 2003, 12:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Are you looking to depart Vancouver/LasVegas only?I would pay the extra as I have to AC sun destinations in "S" class.
An interesting concept.
Old Jul 4, 2003, 12:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I would imagine so. I think that many would spend an extra $100 to go to Las Vegas... especially Chinese folks who have too much money to gamble away.

(And since you say an extra 200, is your J price you are proposing 400 or 500? Or is your Y price 399 and not 299?)

[This message has been edited by YOWkid (edited 07-04-2003).]
Old Jul 4, 2003, 1:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I believe he is speaking per couple savings,YOWkid.
Old Jul 4, 2003, 2:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AE
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by mtacchi:
I am thinking of running an all J 80 seat aircraft to sunspotas this winter through our tour operator. R/T fares to Las Vegas would be around $400.00 + Navcan and GST...

Marc Tacchi
</font>
BAe 146?
Old Jul 4, 2003, 3:01 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

$299 is a standard sell off Y fare it seems to Vegas. Mine would be $400 for the R/T in an all J aircraft. Not 146. Bigger ( )

Same aircraft configuration for all other sun markets, PHX, LAX, Palm Springs, ect..

Marc
Old Jul 4, 2003, 3:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by acysb87:
I believe he is speaking per couple savings,YOWkid.</font>
Ah yes, didn't catch on... Whoops...
Old Jul 4, 2003, 3:58 pm

Programs: NZ Elite, AC SE100K, Westjet Teal, Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite, Nexus, Global Entry
I would pay $400 + fees all day long for a comfortable seat to the PSP and LAS.

IMHO, too many retailers, service providers focus on price as the only selling tool. Many people will pay for value. I.E. I would pay $1,250 one way for YVR-YYZ in J, $2,000 is a tough pill to swallow.

When you launch your new service, you will be pleasantly suprised at how quickly you will fill your aircraft. I would like to be emailed when the LAS and/or PSP service is launched.

Good Luck and Congratulations
Old Jul 4, 2003, 4:12 pm

Location: Here, There and Everywhere (but now on the Pacific)!
Programs: AC E75, MPC G and NEXUS/GE fan, Fairmont Plat, SPG Gold, National EE, Amex Plat
I think it's a fantastic idea if you can make it fly, so to speak.

The LAS, SAN and PHX markets have their share of people who would prefer to fly in relative comfort (read large disposable incomes).

I think a service like this would do very well to these markets.
Old Jul 4, 2003, 5:58 pm

Hi Marc
Good Luck to you in setting your operations.
As you Know, LAS flights from Canada operate
Sun / Thurs rotation. I work For GlobeGround North America in LAS, we handle:
Air Canada
Air Transat
Skyservice
Hmy Airways
Loads have not been that great, so smaller equipment might be better. Also flight times
should be adjusted all the carriers want to leave and arrive at the same time.
Terminal 2 in LAS is perfect for your type of operation as it is a user friendly terminal and no long walks. GlobeGround is automated check in and we also have our own Worldtracer as well.
Old Jul 4, 2003, 8:35 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Would you folks pay 400 instead of 299 to Las Vegas to go in J. Would the average Vancouverite?</font>
While I don't consider myself "average" the answer is a resounding YES -- in a heartbeat.

If marketed right, I'm sure most others would as well. Given that many people fly even though there are a gazillion bus trips everyday, it seems people will pay a premium for speed and the relative increased comfort of a jet over a bus. Going on holidays should be a joy, not a journey of trepidation, so yeah, and all J config should work well.

I don't know how long the flight is but something I inadvertantly discovered flying BA First on YVR-IST was that the comfort afforded during the flight meant I arrived in IST ready to begin my holiday immediately. Since then I've learned that I can depart the other side of the world a day or two later and still arrive home well rested and ready to go back to work. Thus a BA F seat effectively added 2-4 extra days to my vacation.

Perhaps the same concept could be marketed in this case. (Or maybe you could put electronic slot machines on board, so they could start the Nevada experience several hours earlier.)
Old Jul 4, 2003, 11:44 pm

What type of aircraft can have a 80 all J seat configuration?

If a J seat comes in a 40" pitch, 2-2 configuration and a Y seat comes in a 32" pitch, 3-3 configuration thn the ratio would be 1 J:1.875 Y

A 80 J seat plane would be the same size as a 150 Y seat plane. An Airbus 319 is too small and an Airbus 320 is too large if my assumption are true.
Old Jul 5, 2003, 2:09 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by cslusarc:
What type of aircraft can have a 80 all J seat configuration?

If a J seat comes in a 40" pitch, 2-2 configuration and a Y seat comes in a 32" pitch, 3-3 configuration thn the ratio would be 1 J:1.875 Y
</font>
My memory might be going bad...but weren't the AC A320s in the early 90s configured 2-3 in J, and 3-3 in Y?

Might have to dig out some of my old photographs to verify this; anyone remember?

Old Jul 5, 2003, 10:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AE
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by mtacchi:
$299 is a standard sell off Y fare it seems to Vegas. Mine would be $400 for the R/T in an all J aircraft. Not 146. Bigger ( )

Marc
</font>
Oops, I had a brain freeze and was thinking 80 seats Y! Hmm, 80 seats J???
Old Jul 5, 2003, 10:53 am

Terrific idea !! Wishing you all the best in this venture...

as another poster mentioned, it would be lovely to have an all J flight between YVR-YYZ as well, but realized that is never going to happen ...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.