Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Size of Lindt Dark Chocolate bars in AC snack basket

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 31, 2019, 11:21 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Bonvoy LTE

Okay AC FT’ers... here’s a weird one.

I’m out shopping for ingredients to make a Sacher Torte, and I need some dark chocolate. I also have a stash of the Lindt Dark chocolate bars from the snack basket.,, but I don’t know how big each bar is.

Can someone tell me how big each bar from the AC snack basket is, in grams? Before I buy even more chocolate?

Thanks!!!!
Old Mar 31, 2019, 11:27 am

Programs: AC SE100K, F9 100k, NK Gold, UA *S, Hyatt Glob, Bonvoy Titanium
I believe 35g 1.2oz per bar 8 squares per bar
Jebby_ca likes this.
Old Mar 31, 2019, 11:35 am

Originally Posted by expert7700
I believe 35g 1.2oz per bar 8 squares per bar
Confirm 35gm. 70% cacao. You might need higher cacao content
Jebby_ca likes this.
Old Mar 31, 2019, 11:47 am
Original Poster

Thanks!!

Most recipes call for for at least 50% cocoa... so I’ll give these a try first.
Old Mar 31, 2019, 12:49 pm
5mm
Suspended

Remind me not to fly on any of your flights. Now we know where all the chocolate bars go.
Old Mar 31, 2019, 2:43 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by 5mm
Remind me not to fly on any of your flights. Now we know where all the chocolate bars go.
Pretty easy to build up a collection, even taking only 1 bar at a time.
Old Mar 31, 2019, 2:46 pm

Programs: AC-SEMM, AA-Gold
Be sure to check the expiration date
Old Mar 31, 2019, 3:06 pm

Programs: TK *G
I will admit that after a few flights in a row I usually have a mini snack basket in my bag
Seat13F_AC_CRJ and Jebby_ca like this.
Old Mar 31, 2019, 4:28 pm

Programs: AC-SE100K MM, BA-S HH-D, MB-G LT Sil, IHG-Plt, Nexus, Global Entry
Originally Posted by songsc
I will admit that after a few flights in a row I usually have a mini snack basket in my bag
The chips don't look so good after two days in my bag, but they're great for those days when you miss lunch and you forgot to restock the emergency granola bar!
--
13F
Old Mar 31, 2019, 4:41 pm

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
Originally Posted by Seat13F_AC_CRJ
The chips don't look so good after two days in my bag, but they're great for those days when you miss lunch and you forgot to restock the emergency granola bar!
--
13F
Like you, I always carry emergency rations, usually a granola bar, Larabar, etc. But I met someone who was truly well prepared in the *A lounge in GRU.

He carries actual MREs (Meal, Ready to Eat - i.e. field rations for the troops). All the things a body needs to survive IRROPS, or a minor battle.

Reading the back of the substantial packaging, there's more calories there than I eat at most meals. Pretty much three courses and it's self heating. Sadly, no Kit Kat or Lindt bar though.
Seat13F_AC_CRJ likes this.
Old Mar 31, 2019, 5:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Wings100
Be sure to check the expiration date
For solid chocolate, I would not worry too much about that. The expiry date is most likely about blemish, which goes away when (re)melting. It's just a slow process from an unstable to a stable crystalline form. The unstable, shiny chocolate form is only achieved by rapid cooling that makes the evolution to equilibrium (i.e. blemish) very slow.
Jebby_ca likes this.
Old Mar 31, 2019, 5:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
I'd like to submit this thread for nomination under the "Best AC/AP FT Thread of 2019" category.
Old Mar 31, 2019, 5:42 pm
Original Poster

I had 4 bars, so bought a few more from the Lindt store since recipe called for 280g.

Who would’ve thought an AC snack basket item that I keep collecting in my bag as emergency chocolate would come in handy? I should share the cake with the concierges!
Old Mar 31, 2019, 5:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by Jebby_ca
I had 4 bars, so bought a few more from the Lindt store since recipe called for 280g.

Who would’ve thought an AC snack basket item that I keep collecting in my bag as emergency chocolate would come in handy? I should share the cake with the concierges!
Report back here and tell us what the concierges thought of your cake! (and so you can get flamed by others here for giving things to airport/AC staff)
Old Mar 31, 2019, 5:51 pm

Programs: *$ Green
Originally Posted by Jebby_ca

Wow how dare you give things to airport/ac staff?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.