Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Question: International Maple Leaf Lounge Access at YUL?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Question: International Maple Leaf Lounge Access at YUL?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27, 2019, 4:59 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Platinum, Marriott Platinum,
Question International Maple Leaf Lounge Access at YUL?

Hello all - Air Canada newbie here. Apologies in advance if this is the wrong place for this. I did search but couldn't find a thread that addresses my situation specifically. (Mods please move to appropriate thread if I'm here in error - and apologies again if it's necessary!)

I am flying into YUL from FCO in Premium Economy (Rouge?). I will be continuing on to DCA. I am Star Alliance Gold. What I can't seem to figure out is this: Will I be able to access the MLL lounge in the international terminal? I know there's one for transborder flights, but it's the showers I'm after, you see...

Their website says the following:
  • An eligible customer travelling to an international destination
  • A Business Class customer or an Altitude Super Elite 100K, Elite 75K, Elite 50K or Star Alliance Gold member departing on a domestic flight from gate 50 or onward
  • Flying from Montréal (YUL) to an international destination (excluding the U.S.) and have a connecting Air Canada or Star Alliance member flight on the same day in Calgary (YYC), Halifax (YHZ), Ottawa (YOW), St. John’s (YYT), Toronto-Pearson (YYZ) or Vancouver (YVR). You must be confirmed in Business Class on both your flights, or hold Altitude Super Elite 100K, Elite 75K, Elite 50K or Star Alliance Gold status.
From this I would gather that even if I'm Star Alliance Gold and flying in from an international city, I can still only access the MLL international lounge if I depart to DCA from Gate 50 or higher (is there any way to even know that this far in ahead of time?)

Anyone of you AC experienced folks have any insight? Thanks in advance!
SKY

Last edited by sky74; Mar 27, 2019 at 5:00 pm Reason: forgot to specify airport in title
Old Mar 27, 2019, 5:01 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
No, you will not have physical access since you're connecting to the US.
Old Mar 27, 2019, 5:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by sky74
Hello all - Air Canada newbie here. Apologies in advance if this is the wrong place for this. I did search but couldn't find a thread that addresses my situation specifically. (Mods please move to appropriate thread if I'm here in error - and apologies again if it's necessary!)

I am flying into YUL from FCO in Premium Economy (Rouge?). I will be continuing on to DCA. I am Star Alliance Gold. What I can't seem to figure out is this: Will I be able to access the MLL lounge in the international terminal? I know there's one for transborder flights, but it's the showers I'm after, you see...

Their website says the following:
  • An eligible customer travelling to an international destination
  • A Business Class customer or an Altitude Super Elite 100K, Elite 75K, Elite 50K or Star Alliance Gold member departing on a domestic flight from gate 50 or onward
  • Flying from Montréal (YUL) to an international destination (excluding the U.S.) and have a connecting Air Canada or Star Alliance member flight on the same day in Calgary (YYC), Halifax (YHZ), Ottawa (YOW), St. John’s (YYT), Toronto-Pearson (YYZ) or Vancouver (YVR). You must be confirmed in Business Class on both your flights, or hold Altitude Super Elite 100K, Elite 75K, Elite 50K or Star Alliance Gold status.
From this I would gather that even if I'm Star Alliance Gold and flying in from an international city, I can still only access the MLL international lounge if I depart to DCA from Gate 50 or higher (is there any way to even know that this far in ahead of time?)

Anyone of you AC experienced folks have any insight? Thanks in advance!
SKY
You will only have access to the Air Canada Maple Leaf Lounge in the US ("transborder") concourse once you pre-clear US customs/imm.
Even if you tried, you wouldn't have physical access to the international lounges in the international departures concourse/terminal section.
Old Mar 27, 2019, 5:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Platinum, Marriott Platinum,
Ahhh - OK. I don't know that airport at all so this is very helpful - thank you!
Old Mar 27, 2019, 5:50 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by sky74
Ahhh - OK. I don't know that airport at all so this is very helpful - thank you!

@sky74

AC has a really informative page like this for YUL and other airports

https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/...l-airport.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.