Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Rude Gate Agent Leading to Poor CS Response

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Rude Gate Agent Leading to Poor CS Response

Search this Thread

Old Mar 19, 2019, 12:27 pm
Original Poster

Sorry for causing the stir guys. Just kind of taken back as this is the first time I’ve ever had an issue with AC like this. Being yelled at aggressively in airports by staff isn’t a pleasant experience for anyone.
Old Mar 19, 2019, 12:37 pm

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
Originally Posted by canadiancow
Like the 7M8, 788, 789, and possibly others?
Yes that was my thought made thoroughly tongue in cheek.

Of course, even if we get a plane with enough luggage space and acceptable washrooms, and ideally one that doesn't have a tendency to have mishaps ... It won't stop AC agents being inconsistency terrible. Nor the fact that AC customer service is not great at giving their customers good service.
Old Mar 19, 2019, 12:37 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite. NEXUS
OP, how often do you fly?
Old Mar 19, 2019, 12:59 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by RangerNS
OP, how often do you fly?
usually one round trip per month or more. In February it was 10 segments.
Old Mar 19, 2019, 3:42 pm

Just being proactively nice has gotten me way more flight upgrades and considerations than I ever deserved (including oversized and overweight bags)... granted not always... but definitely the majority of the time.
Old Mar 19, 2019, 4:10 pm

Programs: 35 K
Originally Posted by FTA
Its 2019, get video evidence
Last Wednesday night around 8 pm at YYC I went down to Gates 60+ area and something just happened and the agent approached a man and asked "did you video that/ You have no right to record me and you must delete the video". She kept after the guy until he did delete it and then she made him show her it was deleted.
Old Mar 19, 2019, 4:18 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
My understanding is that at domestic departure gates, you're allowed to take videos, but GAs can also send you boarding if they feel intimidated by you.

TB and on board (outside of your own seat/meal/etc) - definitely not allowed.

I once asked if I could GoPro an EYW adventure, and the request went through corporate security, so I'm pretty confident in the answer I received.
Old Mar 19, 2019, 5:07 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by RatherBeInYOW
You have no guarantee in PY or J either - there was a thread in here recently where someone in Premium Rouge ("business") on a 767 was forced to gate-check a bag because there was not enough room. Not that there is PY on the route as someone else pointed out.

And given what AC charges for PY sometimes you could buy a hell of a lot of $1000 carry-ons.
Unless you're arriving late to a full plane, there will be bin space when flying up front. You board first. There's room for a whole lot of carryons at that point.
Old Mar 19, 2019, 5:13 pm

Programs: Amex Plat, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Carlson Gold, CM Presidential / *A Gold, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by ou81two
Unless you're arriving late to a full plane, there will be bin space when flying up front. You board first. There's room for a whole lot of carryons at that point.
I'm guessing you have never been the 7th or onwards person to board a Rouge 319. While there will be bin space, you will be swimming to your bag upon arrival
Old Mar 19, 2019, 5:22 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by pmarrsouth
I'm guessing you have never been the 7th or onwards person to board a Rouge 319. While there will be bin space, you will be swimming to your bag upon arrival
Great. Nice to see that you agree with me.
Old Mar 19, 2019, 6:23 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite. NEXUS
Or for that matter, the grounded MAX's J bins. Huge bins, which in J absent a useful galley and closet, are filled with first aid kits, FA bags, fire extinguishers and NBC full body suits.
Bohemian1 and 24left like this.
Old Mar 19, 2019, 7:20 pm

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Medhatter
Last Wednesday night around 8 pm at YYC I went down to Gates 60+ area and something just happened and the agent approached a man and asked "did you video that/ You have no right to record me and you must delete the video". She kept after the guy until he did delete it and then she made him show her it was deleted.
Originally Posted by canadiancow
My understanding is that at domestic departure gates, you're allowed to take videos, but GAs can also send you boarding if they feel intimidated by you.
It seems fairly clear to me that it was the GA who was trying to intimidate here
Old Mar 19, 2019, 7:26 pm

Programs: airlines and hotels and rental cars - oh my!
Is that because the FAs used up all the bin space in the front half of the plane with their own bags?
Old Mar 19, 2019, 8:46 pm

Programs: Amex Plat, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Carlson Gold, CM Presidential / *A Gold, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by Symmetre
Is that because the FAs used up all the bin space in the front half of the plane with their own bags?
Along with what RangerNS mentioned too
Old Mar 19, 2019, 11:55 pm

Programs: AC E75K, WJ Gold, NEXUS, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Medhatter
Should have told her to pound sand.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.