Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Adding united FF on Aeroplan booking on united metal

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 4, 2019, 11:55 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott BonvAnnoyed

I didn't see the answer posted here nor it came up in the searches. I am booking Aeroplan award ticket on united metal. I have United Silver status (for waiving checked bag fees and seat assignment). Possible to change the FF to united after the booking and get the united silver benefits?
Old Mar 4, 2019, 12:00 pm

Originally Posted by ali7204
I didn't see the answer posted here nor it came up in the searches. I am booking Aeroplan award ticket on united metal. I have United Silver status (for waiving checked bag fees and seat assignment). Possible to change the FF to united after the booking and get the united silver benefits?
Absolutely possible - do it all the time! Sign in to your MilagePlus account and click My Trips tab then click Find Another trip and enter the record locator and last name tied to the ticket. After you do that you should be able to add it to your MilagePlus account and access all the relevant benefits including E+ seating. This will also have the effect of adding your name to the CPU list for the relevant North American flights thanks to a glitch between Aeroplan and United (a story for another day).

In addition, during check in with United, you'll want to ensure your MilagePlus number is entered during check-in so that you can select your free E+ seat and get access to your baggage allowance.

Safe Travels,

James
Old Mar 4, 2019, 12:22 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott BonvAnnoyed
awesome. Thanks for the quick reply.
Old Mar 5, 2019, 6:53 am

Programs: TK*G, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat
The only "hard stop" is AC.com on aeroplan ticket or UA MP ticket on AC metal.
even then there is workaround.
Old Mar 5, 2019, 4:54 pm

As a general rule, whenever you book a *A award with any program be it MilagePlus or Aeroplan you should be able to call the operating carrier of the flight your award ticket is tied to, quote the record locator for that operating carrier found on the reward ticket and get the frequent flyer number updated over the phone. Some like UA allow you to do it all online, but IME some won't. However, I've always had success calling it in to the operating carrier involved.

Safe Travels,

James
Old Sep 2, 2020, 10:22 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Originally Posted by FlyerTalker70
Absolutely possible - do it all the time! Sign in to your MilagePlus account and click My Trips tab then click Find Another trip and enter the record locator and last name tied to the ticket. After you do that you should be able to add it to your MilagePlus account and access all the relevant benefits including E+ seating.
Is this still possible online? I made booking on Aeroplan, when I log in my account on United I cannot change the frequent flyer number in my booking, therefore I am being asked to pay for E+ seat.
Old Sep 2, 2020, 10:24 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
This entire thread should be in the UA forum. It has nothing to do with AC or Aeroplan.

However, if you change your FF number through AC's site, it might propagate into UA's system.
ericw, irishguy28 and Adam Smith like this.
Old Sep 2, 2020, 6:07 pm

Programs: TK*G, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by escape4
Is this still possible online? I made booking on Aeroplan, when I log in my account on United I cannot change the frequent flyer number in my booking, therefore I am being asked to pay for E+ seat.
You can most likely change it to UA# through AC.com MMB > update my travel preferences.
Also, I always got UA agent to change it over the phone in the past, when it was not possible to do it on AC.com before Amadeus.
Old Sep 3, 2020, 2:28 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Originally Posted by ericw
You can most likely change it to UA# through AC.com MMB > update my travel preferences.
Also, I always got UA agent to change it over the phone in the past, when it was not possible to do it on AC.com before Amadeus.
Thank you, I was trying to change my number on united.com but it did not work - you are correct it can be done on ac.com instead! Thank you for helping me see the light

I knew UA could do on the phone as a last resort, but these days I try to avoid calling airlines to the extent possible

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.