Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

US to Canada connection time at YYZ

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 2, 2019, 10:48 am
Original Poster

Programs: TK*G

I'm looking to book an AC flight US-YYZ-Canada and was hoping I could get some advice on what would be an acceptable connection time. AC states a MCT of 1:10, but given that I would have to clear Canadian immigration at YYZ, I don't know if I would be comfortable with it. Would ~2 hours be a relatively safe connection, considering I am not a NEXUS holder?
Old Mar 2, 2019, 11:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

If they sell you connections with a 1:10 MCT, why would a Nexus holder be concerned?
Sure, if the incoming flight gets delayed, connection might get missed. But then it's up to the airline to rebook on a later flight anyway. In this instance, is being rebooked on a later flight a big issue for some reason? On a single ticket, connections missed are the airline's problem.
Old Mar 2, 2019, 12:33 pm

70 min should be fine if all is on time. If your connection is AC-AC your bags will be checked through and you won’t have to recluse security. I’ve not made this connection in several months but last time there was no Nexus anyways for people making domestic connections.
Old Mar 2, 2019, 1:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by YEG USER
70 min should be fine if all is on time. If your connection is AC-AC your bags will be checked through and you won’t have to recluse security. I’ve not made this connection in several months but last time there was no Nexus anyways for people making domestic connections.
There is no nexus if you go through one stop security (OSS). But there may be a line. Alternatively, you can go through the regular exit using nexus, and then though security again on the domestic side. Which can be faster. Or not.
Old Mar 2, 2019, 1:40 pm

Recent my own average as OSS after arriving to the gate:

Walk to the connection / passport control : 10 min
Passport control : -5 min
Waiting interconnection bus : 5-10 min
Moving to the domestic terminal (just under the domestic lounge) : 3 min

70 min is enough. For me bus transportation only for walking distance is annoying though
Old Mar 3, 2019, 9:54 am
Original Poster

Programs: TK*G
Sorry if my wording was unclear, I am not a NEXUS holder currently. Thanks for all the help, sounds like it should be fairly straightforward and I booked the ticket. ^
Old Mar 3, 2019, 11:43 am

Originally Posted by State of Trance
Sorry if my wording was unclear, I am not a NEXUS holder currently. Thanks for all the help, sounds like it should be fairly straightforward and I booked the ticket. ^
^

Don’t worry, your wording was clear. All I was trying to convey was that for int’l to domestic sterile connection at yyz, Nexus is irrelevant as there are no Nexus kiosks at that customs point (and Stranger confirmed there have been no changes since my last yyz transit).

Enjoy your flight, and good luck!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.