Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

A330 Biz YYZ-YUL; what's the level of service is like on this short hop?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 15, 2019, 3:10 pm
Original Poster

Hi there!

Just wondering what the level of service is like on this short hop. If it makes any difference, I’m on AC834 which continues on to Geneva and not one of the 400 codes. Is it signature class? Meal? Etc. Or is it very basic and more so just paying extra for the seat? I don’t get to experience the pods much so wanted to feel fancy...

TPA-YYZ-a330-YUL-crj900-YHZ instead of TPA-YYZ-737-YHZ. What would you do (all biz)?
Old Feb 15, 2019, 3:24 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by cyhzegll
Hi there!

Just wondering what the level of service is like on this short hop. If it makes any difference, I’m on AC834 which continues on to Geneva and not one of the 400 codes. Is it signature class? Meal? Etc. Or is it very basic and more so just paying extra for the seat? I don’t get to experience the pods much so wanted to feel fancy...

TPA-YYZ-a330-YUL-crj900-YHZ instead of TPA-YYZ-737-YHZ. What would you do (all biz)?
My vote:

TPA-YYZ-737-YHZ especially if you are in Biz. 737, or known on this forum as the 7M8 or MAX, is brand new. J is very nice and comfortable. Others here can guess better whether this aircraft would get swapped out, but still.

As to your other question re YYZ-YUL, the flight from YYZ to YUL is barely an hour flying time, give or take. There is breakfast during breakfast hours and a snack most of rest of the time (you can see some photos in this thread.

Summary of North America Executive class meal service
Old Feb 15, 2019, 8:03 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
The pod is nicer, but I would say no way is it worth the time and hassle of that extra stop. But I fly J all the time.

Really depends on how much novelty value you would get out of doing the J pod (and the handful of extra AQM you would get). I would say it would have to be pretty high to offset the drawbacks.
Old Feb 15, 2019, 9:09 pm
Original Poster

Thanks!

As I was still debating I noticed that the TPA-YYZ flight got bumped back an hour, literally 4 hours after booking, so my connection in YYZ shortened to 1.5 hours. It likely would be plenty to clear customs and get to next gate (maybe still time to get a beverage, or two, in the lounge), but I figured this was the aviation gods way of directing me.
So, I used the 24 hour cancellation policy and rebooked the trip with the MAX flight instead, giving me a more comfortable (for me anyway) 2.25 hour layover. And to my surprise, all the business ticket prices dropped by $77! Yippee!
And in all honesty, I’d prefer the newer cabin and newer plane, but something about the novelty of a pod/bed is so appealing. I’ll have to save up more points for a YYZ-YYC/YVR trip on the 777 or 787.

Cheers!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.