Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Question: Air Canada Rogue Transfer YUL to EWR

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Question: Air Canada Rogue Transfer YUL to EWR

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11, 2019, 11:18 am
Original Poster

Question Air Canada Rogue Transfer YUL to EWR

I am new here and I searched the forum, so I apologize if there is a similar posting and I didn't see it. I am not a frequent traveler and looking for advice from the experts.

I think I made a mistake in booking a flight for my family of four from from Venice to YUL (8509) and transferring to a fllght operated by ExpressJet Airlines-United Express with only 1 hour and 35 minutes of time in between. I didn't realize that we would need to go through customs (please save the beating, I am angry enough with myself). So, I have a couple questions, if anyone would be kind enough to advise:

1) Is this length of time totally unrealistic? It is a Sunday evening arrival, if that matters. If we don't make the next flight, it is more inconvenient than anything, it is not like we will miss a cruise or planned activities as it is the return portion of our trip.

2) If we miss the flight because of delay of the original flight or just the inability to get through customs quickly, do the airlines generally help you reschedule and is this considered their fault, so you would not have to pay for another flight, they would just rebook you on the next they could?

Thanks for any help you can provide!
Old Feb 11, 2019, 11:26 am

Programs: AC 75K
The Minimum Connection Time for YUL International to US is 70 minutes. I haven't done this connection before, so I can't comment on how realistic it is, but if you miss your flight due to excessive lines, the airline should rebook you on the next available flight.

Note you only have to go through US Immigration, not Canadian...and you will not have to pick up your bags.
Scopa likes this.
Old Feb 11, 2019, 11:30 am
Original Poster

Thank you - That is very helpful.
Old Feb 11, 2019, 11:44 am

Programs: AC-SE100K MM, BA-S HH-D, MB-G LT Sil, IHG-Plt, Nexus, Global Entry
You have plenty of time, unless your flight from Venice is very late. Follow the signs for US connections. https://www.admtl.com/en/guide/connecting-flights
--
13F
Scopa likes this.
Old Feb 11, 2019, 11:57 am
Original Poster

Thank you!
Old Feb 11, 2019, 1:46 pm

Programs: airlines and hotels and rental cars - oh my!
YUL is not an terribly large airport, so assuming you arrive there more or less on time you should no problems at all. If you do misconnect, you'll automatically be put on the next flight.
Scopa likes this.
Old Feb 11, 2019, 1:52 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
OP, one clarifying question: is this one booking or two? If you booked these on the same ticket, whether through AC or UA, as others have advised above, you should be fine. If you booked these flights separately, it's more complicated.
Old Feb 11, 2019, 2:20 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Adam Smith
OP, one clarifying question: is this one booking or two? If you booked these on the same ticket, whether through AC or UA, as others have advised above, you should be fine. If you booked these flights separately, it's more complicated.
Thank you for asking, yes, it was booked together through United.
Old Feb 11, 2019, 2:24 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by Scopa
Thank you for asking, yes, it was booked together through United.
Should be all good then ^
Scopa likes this.
Old Feb 11, 2019, 2:27 pm
Original Poster

Thank you everyone for your help, I really appreciate it.
Old Feb 11, 2019, 10:20 pm

I haven't done the connection in YUL, but YVR has a very similar process to YUL and I connected on an inbound from SYD going to SFO this past summer. I was traveling with my wife and infant with an 85 minute connection. We had to declare items, so we were in the slow line. We still had about 20 minutes once we got to the gate before boarding began. You'll be fine as long as your inbound flight doesn't have any significant delays.
Scopa likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.