Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Complicated eUp question - different status pax on same booking

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 6, 2019, 4:38 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC*SE

I'm travelling with my partner YYZ-LAX. We're on the same booking (K class). I'm SE and he's E50K (gifted from me). My eUp window opens tomorrow, and so far there's plenty of R space so I plan to upgrade both of us using my credits. However, I'd really like to use his credits for this as he's unlikely to get much opportunity to use them otherwise.

So if I confirm our upgrades tomorrow, once his eUp window opens 10 days out, is there any way to either (a) use his credits to upgrade both of us and get all of mine back, or (b) use his credits to upgrade him and get the credits I used to upgrade him back? I assume there would need to be R space available when the E50K window opens to do this...is that correct? I don't want to do anything that would jeopardize the upgrades.

I'm assuming I'll have to call for this and the thought of trying to explain it to an agent is making me anxious. Just wondering whether this is possible. Would he have to be on the line as well or could I do it for both of us (he couldn't care less about this stuff although he does enjoy the benefits!).

Thanks all.
Old Feb 6, 2019, 5:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Is your partner your eUpgrade nominee?

Which fare category is this K? Flex? Standard? etc.

The only way to use your partner's credits for both of you is in person at checkin at the airport.
Old Feb 6, 2019, 6:26 pm

Programs: AC SE
Are you on the same PNR? If you're on the same PNR, one option would be to cancel your upgrade and re-request once the E50 window opens. You'd need to both be on the same PNR for him to upgrade both of you, you'd need to have both your original economy fare class as well as R space open to be able to cancel and re-request. Or if there's plenty of R space, you could gamble and wait for the E50 window to open.
Adam Smith likes this.
Old Feb 6, 2019, 7:44 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by yyznomad
Is your partner your eUpgrade nominee?
Irrelevant if they're on the same PNR, which it sounds like they are.

The only way to use your partner's credits for both of you is in person at checkin at the airport.
Incorrect, if on the same PNR. I regularly use my wife's eUps (she has been E50K or E35K the past few years) to upgrade both of us when we're on the same Latitude FP booking.
gcashin and Bohemian1 like this.
Old Feb 6, 2019, 7:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by Adam Smith
Irrelevant if they're on the same PNR, which it sounds like they are.

Incorrect, if on the same PNR. I regularly use my wife's eUps (she has been E50K or E35K the past few years) to upgrade both of us when we're on the same Latitude FP booking.
Yeah you're right. OP: mea culpa!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.