Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

What are the chances of Aeroplan adding J seats to YYZ /Europe and UK?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25, 2019, 10:07 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA blue,, aeroplan 25K

Please excuse the question if it’s answered elsewhere but I couldn’t find a simple answer. I’m new to the aeroplan booking usually strictly BA but am looking at options for J TATL....both paid and rewards:
what are the chances of aeroplan adding J seats to YYZ /Europe and UK...or once the “block” is released that’s it ?
Many thanks
ACS
Old Jan 25, 2019, 10:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by aircrashsurvivor
Please excuse the question if it’s answered elsewhere but I couldn’t find a simple answer. I’m new to the aeroplan booking usually strictly BA but am looking at options for J TATL....both paid and rewards:
what are the chances of aeroplan adding J seats to YYZ /Europe and UK...or once the “block” is released that’s it ?
Many thanks
ACS
Are you referring to Classic Reward availability for the AC J cabin, or simply any Reward availability at a higher redemption rate, and/or Market Rewards?
Old Jan 25, 2019, 10:32 am
Original Poster

Classic reward I believe it is: market or higher mileage cost is rediculously “expensive” in terms of 400,000 plus for a 55,000 mile cost J seat. I don’t have the miles required to spend 400,00-800,000 miles for a J seat one way. I gather the higher cost per seat rewards has much greater availability
Old Jan 25, 2019, 10:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I would normally not count on them adding J seats late in the game.
Old Jan 25, 2019, 8:12 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Not impossible but not very likely.

The more flexibility you can have in terms of dates and destination/routes, the better.
Symmetre likes this.
Old Jan 26, 2019, 2:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Classic reward I believe it is: market or higher mileage cost is rediculously “expensive” in terms of 400,000 plus for a 55,000 mile cost J seat. I don’t have the miles required to spend 400,00-800,000 miles for a J seat one way. I gather the higher cost per seat rewards has much greater availability
@aircrashsurvivor

Which days are you looking at? Market rewards constantly fluctuate, and it is not uncommon to have them drastically change from day to day. You might want also occasionally keep tabs on the Market rewards in case there is a promo as well (and always compare with the prices on ac.com to see if it is comparable or still a deal to pay for a Market reward)
Old Jan 26, 2019, 3:18 pm
Original Poster

Ideally Sept 8. There is an 8:30 am available flight but getting to LHR at 6:30 doesn’t warm me up to be honest. I’m being fussy and limited I know but I wanted to know the possible options. I’m new to aeroplan. Thanks so much
Old Jan 26, 2019, 3:50 pm

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
Ideally Sept 8. There is an 8:30 am available flight but getting to LHR at 6:30 doesn’t warm me up to be honest. I’m being fussy and limited I know but I wanted to know the possible options. I’m new to aeroplan. Thanks so much
Not sure where you’re leaving from but getting into LHR at 6:30am sounds like the YYZ LHR that leaves at 18:35... That’s a 787 and pretty good in J, plus if you’re not travelling on a passport that gets you through the eGates you probably won’t clear immigration and get out of the airport until 8-9am.

You can always book it and pay AE to change if something else like the dayliner opens up.
Stranger likes this.
Old Jan 26, 2019, 4:10 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jc94

Not sure where you’re leaving from but getting into LHR at 6:30am sounds like the YYZ LHR that leaves at 18:35... That’s a 787 and pretty good in J, plus if you’re not travelling on a passport that gets you through the eGates you probably won’t clear immigration and get out of the airport until 8-9am.

You can always book it and pay AE to change if something else like the dayliner opens up.
probably didn’t make myself clear. I’m looking for an aeroplan J ticket LHR to YYZ (west bound). The flight that’s open leaves LHR at 8:30am AC869 a 777. I’ll need to get to LHR close to 6:30am from central London and even that will cut it close and no time for a lounge visit.......I’m hoping to fly to Toronto later in the day.
Old Jan 26, 2019, 9:09 pm

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)

probably didn’t make myself clear. I’m looking for an aeroplan J ticket LHR to YYZ (west bound). The flight that’s open leaves LHR at 8:30am AC869 a 777. I’ll need to get to LHR close to 6:30am from central London and even that will cut it close and no time for a lounge visit.......I’m hoping to fly to Toronto later in the day.
Ah okay. Looks like 869 leaves earlier in Sept (it’s normally 9am). It actually spends the night at LHR which lowers the chance of it being late. I personally book a room near the airport at get the 6am shuttle in, have a full English in the MLL and then go to bed early that night after getting in at midday. Getting up 5:30am isn’t ideal but it’s very low on the jet lag.

And if you book it now you have a backup and can keep an eye in case they open space on one of the others later (EF subscription might be worth while here). Sure that’s a $100 or so change fee but if you’re flying LHR YYZ on AC metal you’re paying a huge scam fee as it is.

Just my 2 cents.
aircrashsurvivor likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.