Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

AC *A Upgrade Award no codeshare condition workaround?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3, 2019, 3:02 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC 75K / *A Gold

Hello guys,

I'm planning a trip to India and was looking into the possibility of booking a flight with AC (I prefer AC metal) but I'm often offered connections in FRA or MUC and a second leg on LH. I'm not too fond of the LH J cabin, so thought about using the *A Upgrade Award. I know it's super restrictive (hence not so much an award IMHO), including that the fare must be in one of the top classes and also no codeshare are allowed.

Since it's pretty hard to find a non-codeshare option using AC metal on the TA flight and the following segment on LH (for some reason my business booking site does not show full LH options), I started looking around and stumbled on a couple threads where people mentioned they had called the ticketing airline to have the codeshare flight show as the original flight number. Is this something doable? Anybody heard about this? Any other tricks to get the *A upgrade to work?

Any help appreciated!

Thanks!

Winch
Old Jan 3, 2019, 4:44 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
What about booking the whole thing through LH? I was looking at an option that was LH xxxx operated by AC, then an LH flight number for the second flight, for a very similar reason. There was no benefit to me of having the first segment marketed by AC, but a large benefit (SAUA) of the second.

Alternatively, you might be able to either call in and get them to book it without codeshares, or force it through ITA.
Old Jan 3, 2019, 7:49 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC 75K / *A Gold
Thanks for the quick reply, I haven’t been able to have the corporate travel search engine to pull out full LH (which is quite odd), so that’s one. Second is AQD on AC, never sure what my travel year will look like :-)
Old Jan 3, 2019, 8:38 pm

If you can get LH codeshare on AC metal you’ll still get AQD for that segment.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.