Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Why does AC not have registrations appear on wing undersides?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Why does AC not have registrations appear on wing undersides?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2019, 2:51 pm
Original Member

wrt to jurisdictions that DO reqiuire this type of marking it would be interesting to see the date on which the requirement was originally implemented.

I would not be surpised if it was in the 1950s or earlier.
trooper likes this.
Old Jan 2, 2019, 11:59 pm

Programs: Bottom feeder Star Gold
Originally Posted by Adam Smith
I read somewhere years ago that it was required to be painted near the rear door, but I have no idea what the source was, so I will defer to your apparent knowledge of the requirements on this point.
I was focused on the semantics of the door itself. If we omit any mention of 'rear door', the regs do state the registration need be in that general area: "(i) on each side of the fuselage or an alternative structure in the area between the wing and the tail surface," as per the CARs link that member C-FMWQ posted: CAR 222

Originally Posted by Adam Smith
All of the photos of WS 737s that I looked at showed they did have it under the port wing, although the DH4s did not.
Indeed, it seems I've misspoken. I'll have to pay better attention when next near a WestJet plane, but a cursory glance at the inter webs shows you're absolutely right.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.