FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air Canada | Aeroplan (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan-375/)
-   -   The Forum Lounge Thread (2019) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan/1948376-forum-lounge-thread-2019-a.html)

jc94 Jan 2, 2019 12:03 pm

@canadiancow @The_Phoenix179

https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...94020e2fd.jpeg

In less amusing news, immigration wouldn’t give me a stamp :mad: :(

yyznomad Jan 2, 2019 12:26 pm

Originally Posted by jc94 (Post 30600295)

In less amusing news, immigration wouldn’t give me a stamp :mad: :(

It is always amoosing when immigrazeon doesn't give a stamp.

WaytoomuchEurope Jan 2, 2019 12:51 pm

TIL what TIL means.

I also learned that @yyznomad did not improve his wordplay over the break.

yyznomad Jan 2, 2019 12:56 pm

Originally Posted by WaytoomuchEurope (Post 30600497)
TIL what TIL means.

I also learned that @yyznomad did not improve stop his wordplay over the break.

There, fixed that for you. :p

yyznomad Jan 2, 2019 10:12 pm

Well, I'm not watching the rest of WJC.

tcook052 Jan 2, 2019 10:14 pm

Originally Posted by yyznomad (Post 30602450)

Shocking Finnish. :D

Adam Smith Jan 2, 2019 10:34 pm

Originally Posted by yyznomad (Post 30602450)

Very glad I don't have tickets to go to YVR for the medal games as I had originally planned.

yyznomad Jan 3, 2019 6:46 am

Originally Posted by tcook052 (Post 30602454)
Shocking Finnish. :D

Originally Posted by Adam Smith (Post 30602499)
Very glad I don't have tickets to go to YVR for the medal games as I had originally planned.

Not complete shocker I guess as the analysts called out one of the weaker/est teams in the last while.
But still, disappointing.

WaytoomuchEurope Jan 3, 2019 12:33 pm

I'm probably in the minority among my demographic (mid-30s) but I miss the days when I could just walk into a store and buy software and then take it home and load it on your computer.

I'm sure that's still possible, but not when you work for a global company with an IT department like the one I have.

3 weeks of escalation with Microsoft and I still don't have the software/key despite having received a hefty bill.

/rant

yyznomad Jan 3, 2019 3:11 pm

Originally Posted by WaytoomuchEurope (Post 30605283)
I'm probably in the minority among my demographic (mid-30s) but I miss the days when I could just walk into a store and buy software and then take it home and load it on your computer.

I'm sure that's still possible, but not when you work for a global company with an IT department like the one I have.

3 weeks of escalation with Microsoft and I still don't have the software/key despite having received a hefty bill.

/rant

You still can... but it's just the thing you've been seeking... the key :p

AltaBound Jan 3, 2019 11:22 pm

Originally Posted by WaytoomuchEurope (Post 30605283)

/rant

I feel your pain. We are on week four of trying to obtain a license from CISCO to enable our VPN. We are now doing it through our U.S. subsidiary. Believe it or not it is faster. They are only on week 2 and hope to have a key to us tomorrow. Canadian branch is still looking into it.

vernonc Jan 4, 2019 9:39 am

And the Raptors got creamed last night. Might have to buy tickets for Deroz return to TO in Feb

Bohemian1 Jan 4, 2019 1:42 pm

Wah! 😭😭😭

My perfect, tiny, nearly immaculate iPhone SE appears to have bit the dust.

I guess I'll spend Monday talking to the 'Geniuses' to see if it can be resurrected.

Damn I love small phones, which I guess makes me even more of a fossil...

yyznomad Jan 4, 2019 1:55 pm

Originally Posted by Bohemian1 (Post 30610326)
Wah! 😭😭😭

My perfect, tiny, nearly immaculate iPhone SE appears to have bit the dust.

I guess I'll spend Monday talking to the 'Geniuses' to see if it can be resurrected.

Damn I love small phones, which I guess makes me even more of a fossil...

It suddenly stopped working? Did you drop it?

Bohemian1 Jan 4, 2019 2:30 pm

Originally Posted by yyznomad (Post 30610383)
It suddenly stopped working? Did you drop it?

Nope, didn't drop it. Was on a trip last week and it was working fine when I went to bed. In the morning it looked like this:

https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...1472ce1d47.jpg

Display is funky and touch screen no longer works.