Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

LO canceled my YYZWAW on AP booking - What are my options?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 27, 2018, 9:51 pm
Original Poster

I know this issue was discussed many times but I am now in this situation again. I have an itinerary coming up in 3 weeks : YYC-YYZ-WAW-KRK ON AC and LO business. LO cancelled the YYZ - WAW on that particular day and moved us to the next day. Aeroplan account was not showing the ticket properly resulting in a call to the center. Asked the agent for options and was not satisfied with their explanation to what is possible. Agent would not protect me on AC segment for business if they don't show availability even if another date is acceptable to me, reason being that its LO that changed the date. I expected LO to cover any similar arrangements to get me to the destination on same terms as my original booking. What should my approach be when I am talking to the agent again. I am flexible to get there sooner and faster but not later and longer duration, but in business. Any chance of getting YYC-FRA-KRK without reward availability because of involuntary changes?
Old Dec 28, 2018, 8:11 am

Programs: AC 75K
HUCA. Aeroplan is able to open up AC availability, and they should be doing that in your case. There does need to be availability on the FRA-KRK segment...Aeroplan will not/can not open up availability for non-AC flights.

Ask to speak to a supervisor if the agent isn't helpful.
Old Dec 28, 2018, 11:05 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ChrisA330
HUCA. Aeroplan is able to open up AC availability, and they should be doing that in your case. There does need to be availability on the FRA-KRK segment...Aeroplan will not/can not open up availability for non-AC flights.

Ask to speak to a supervisor if the agent isn't helpful.
Did just that the first thing this morning. A very competent agent took a call and immediately indicated an alternative will be worked on to get me to the destination the same day. Only asked if I was flexible with the date in case the alternative was not optimal for the same day in the original booking. She got together with scheduling folks and provided an option of YYC-YYZ-MUC-KRK ... ACACLH; duration is similar to original, with an earlier departure and arrival. Super interaction with a smart lady.
Old Dec 28, 2018, 3:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
Originally Posted by 1Newflyer
Did just that the first thing this morning. A very competent agent took a call and immediately indicated an alternative will be worked on to get me to the destination the same day. Only asked if I was flexible with the date in case the alternative was not optimal for the same day in the original booking. She got together with scheduling folks and provided an option of YYC-YYZ-MUC-KRK ... ACACLH; duration is similar to original, with an earlier departure and arrival. Super interaction with a smart lady.
And of course they didn't ask for extra scamcharges, correct?

Aeroplan is good at opening up AC flights, but useless when that's not an option.
PFT likes this.
Old Dec 28, 2018, 7:49 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by rankourabu
And of course they didn't ask for extra scamcharges, correct?

Aeroplan is good at opening up AC flights, but useless when that's not an option.
No additional fees.
Happy, 24left, PointWeasel and 1 others like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.