Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Booking combined AC and LH ticket through LH website -- cannot add Aeroplan?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 24, 2018, 1:19 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Exec Silver, Aeroplan, Hilton Honors Gold

I am eyeing an itinerary that includes AC and LH with a stopover on the outbound (YYZ-MUC(stop)-TUN-FRA-YYZ in J. This means that I cannot use the AC website, since it tells me that there are no flights MUC-TUN, when both the LH website and Expedia show exists. However, when trying to book the ticket through the LH website, and then trying to enter my Aeroplan number, there is no Aeroplan on the dropdown list -- ever other Star Alliance carrier shows up.

What ought I to do? Book through Expedia, which allows me to enter either programme, or book with LH and phone in to add my Aeroplan (assuming I can do this).

Any advice is appreciated.
Old Dec 24, 2018, 1:26 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
The consensus from a recent thread in the LH forum on the topic is to add your AP number via the LH app.

Problems adding Aeroplan number to LH ticket
Old Apr 4, 2019, 8:14 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Exec Silver, Aeroplan, Hilton Honors Gold
I thought I would provide an update: I logged in to Lufthansa.com today on a whim to look at my booking, and it now allows one to enter an Aeroplan number. I suspect many will be pleased that this problem is gone.
Old Apr 5, 2019, 5:32 am

Programs: AC E75K
Originally Posted by JTXC
I thought I would provide an update: I logged in to Lufthansa.com today on a whim to look at my booking, and it now allows one to enter an Aeroplan number. I suspect many will be pleased that this problem is gone.
Interesting that it works for you now. Although I see the AP option, I get an error when I try to select it:

Old May 30, 2021, 1:23 pm

Programs: Qatar PC
Swiss air & AE number

Just booked a Swiss flight and it let me add the Aeroplan number; should I see my booking in the AE/AC app?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.