Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Help me book paid J YYZ-SIN for New Years

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Help me book paid J YYZ-SIN for New Years

Search this Thread

Old Nov 27, 2018, 12:36 pm

Programs: AC-SE100K, AC-3MM, Marriott- LT Titanium, SPG RIP
Originally Posted by canadiancow
Change the number of pax to 2, and the price jumps to 13.5k CAD, which is over 10k USD.

You had me excited for a minute
If you depart on Dec 28 and keep return at Jan 4, this then prices out at CAD$5700 each- still below the USD$4500.

But with Singapore Airlines on the HKG- SIN portion.

But it may make your trip too short!

Flights
canadiancow likes this.
Old Nov 27, 2018, 1:46 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Plumber
If you depart on Dec 28 and keep return at Jan 4, this then prices out at CAD$5700 each- still below the USD$4500.

But with Singapore Airlines on the HKG- SIN portion.

But it may make your trip too short!

Flights
That's more reasonable, but Dec 28 is really pushing it. The return date is much more flexible (I could even do the 6th, but ideally 4th-5th).
Old Nov 27, 2018, 2:03 pm

That's more reasonable, but Dec 28 is really pushing it. The return date is much more flexible (I could even do the 6th, but ideally 4th-5th).
An option has popped up for CAD$5400 ea, but you need to fly China Southern on the way there through Guangzhou . Also, you would leave YYZ at 12:30 am on Dec 27 (but you will get into SIN much earlier on Dec 28. Same flights (NH, AC on the way home) on Jan 4.
Old Nov 27, 2018, 3:17 pm
Original Poster

I started poking around in fares on EF a bit more.

LH has a good one. But surprisingly it doesn't show up on GF without forcing it.

YYZ-FRA with a late departure, ample time to enjoy the SS. I'd probably go on the 26th.
FRA-SIN and SIN-FRA on LH
FRA-YYZ on AC. Then I just need to figure out how to go west from there.

And the fare difference between not-upgradeable and upgradeable isn't too drastic, such that I'd be tempted to book D for the return since SIN-FRA is F6 (FRA-SIN is F0).

Need to figure out the logistics here, but this works best at the moment. AQM on all segments, some AQD, Signature Suite, good schedule, and a chance for LH F.
Plumber and canopus27 like this.
Old Nov 27, 2018, 7:28 pm

Programs: UA 50K, refugee from AC E50K, Marriott Lifetime Plat
Does ATH or WAW to SIN work for your needs? (Redeem your way to Europe first obviously.)
Old Nov 27, 2018, 8:48 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by RCyyz
Does ATH or WAW to SIN work for your needs? (Redeem your way to Europe first obviously.)
It would potentially work if there were availability, but I'm also hesitant to "connect" between an Aeroplan ticket and a non-AC revenue ticket.
Old Nov 27, 2018, 10:11 pm

Programs: UA 50K, refugee from AC E50K, Marriott Lifetime Plat
I just checked ARN-SIN and it's available for about 37,000 SEK = roughly $4060 USD. Doesn't solve the AE -> non-AC rev issue though.

Anyway, just a thought.
Old Nov 27, 2018, 10:50 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by RCyyz
I just checked ARN-SIN and it's available for about 37,000 SEK = roughly $4060 USD. Doesn't solve the AE -> non-AC rev issue though.

Anyway, just a thought.
That would have to assign a pretty low value to Aeroplan miles (and not include LH) to be under my budget too.
Old Nov 28, 2018, 6:32 am

Programs: AC MM E50 , Former SPG, now Marriott LT Plat

AF/KLM has flights for USD 4302 each available right now on their website for Dec 28 departure with Jan 6 return ( a little more expensive for Jan 5 return, and even more for Jan 4).

Last edited by IluvSQ; Nov 28, 2018 at 6:38 am
Old Nov 28, 2018, 7:26 am

I dont know if this will actually book once you click though, but worth a shot.....searched on ITA and used bookwithmatrix for the link to flightnetwork.
Old Nov 28, 2018, 7:28 am

I dont know if this will actually book once you click though, but worth a shot.....searched on ITA and used bookwithmatrix for the link to flightnetwork.

Not sure the image is that clear...

Dec 27
YYZ-ICN AC 61

Dec 28
ICN-SIN OZ 753

Jan 4
SIN-NRT NH802
NRT-YVR AC4

All Business, for 2 people, Signature Suite Access in YYZ. CAD $5486 each.
Old Nov 28, 2018, 1:51 pm

Sometimes KUL has some cheap prices. Then it's a quick 45 min flight to SIN. Or you can take a bus / train / car. I did use this a bit when living in Singapore .
Old Nov 28, 2018, 2:00 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by IluvSQ

AF/KLM has flights for USD 4302 each available right now on their website for Dec 28 departure with Jan 6 return ( a little more expensive for Jan 5 return, and even more for Jan 4).
For that price on those dates (and I'm not quite getting the same price as your screenshot, but close), I think LH via FRA works better for me for a couple reasons, though I'll keep this in mind too. Thanks!

Dec 27
YYZ-ICN AC 61

Dec 28
ICN-SIN OZ 753

Jan 4
SIN-NRT NH802
NRT-YVR AC4

Seems like space opened up on flights that wasn't available before. That outbound is one of the ones I was looking at before, but the inbound wasn't available. Thanks!
Old Nov 29, 2018, 1:15 pm
Original Poster

Dec 27
YYZ-ICN AC 61

Dec 28
ICN-SIN OZ 753

Jan 4
SIN-NRT NH802
NRT-YVR AC4

I tried to book this. Got a FlightNetwork confirmation, but after 90 minutes or so I had not received a ticket.

They called me at 2am (I did not answer). They sent an email to say my card could not be charged (though there was a pending $1). I called Chase, who said there was no issue with my card, and the only way this could have happened is if they entered the billing address wrong (they weren't seeing a declined transaction).

FN then said "it's no longer available, and the same flights are now $8000" or something like that.

Originally Posted by quantumofforce
Sometimes KUL has some cheap prices. Then it's a quick 45 min flight to SIN. Or you can take a bus / train / car. I did use this a bit when living in Singapore .
The issue I'm running into is availability in lower J buckets, not overall fare. But YYZ-KUL looks like it has higher fares than YYZ-SIN
Old Nov 29, 2018, 1:36 pm

I tried to book this. Got a FlightNetwork confirmation, but after 90 minutes or so I had not received a ticket.

They called me at 2am (I did not answer). They sent an email to say my card could not be charged (though there was a pending $1). I called Chase, who said there was no issue with my card, and the only way this could have happened is if they entered the billing address wrong (they weren't seeing a declined transaction).

FN then said "it's no longer available, and the same flights are now $8000" or something like that.
Ugh....That sucks. Must have liked getting the confirmation, but not the rest of it...what a hassle!
canadiancow likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.