Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Latitude and Business need an AQD Bonus

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Latitude and Business need an AQD Bonus

Search this Thread

Old Nov 22, 2018, 9:30 pm

Programs: AC SEMM
Originally Posted by yyznomad
Before AQD/AQM, Joe Flyer paid $18,000 per year on Y/P fares and did 105,000 EQMs and received SE status on a yearly basis.

After AQD, Joe Flyer paid $18,000 per year on Y/P fares and did 105,000 AQMs and did not receive SE status on a yearly basis.
More like paid $15,500 per year on Y/P fare for 105K - After AQD having to pay $20,000 - $23,000 for 105K. An increase of 30% so appears to be working for AC. The game has changed !
Old Nov 22, 2018, 9:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by Argonaut1000
More like paid $15,500 per year on Y/P fare for 105K - After AQD having to pay $20,000 - $23,000 for 105K. An increase of 30% so appears to be working for AC. The game has changed !
Sure, whatever works. It was an arbitrary amount.
If someone gets 100,001 AQM on $12,000 AQD, they will complain the same.
canadiancow likes this.
Old Nov 23, 2018, 10:35 am

Programs: AC FOTSG, DL WM
Originally Posted by yyznomad
Sure, whatever works. It was an arbitrary amount.
If someone gets 100,001 AQM on $12,000 AQD, they will complain the same.
Personally, I consider the amount of flying I do to be above average, in fact I consider myself to be above average! So clearly AC should lavish all the perks on me that they customarily avail to above-average travellers.

In all seriousness, we can propose tweaks to the Altitude qualification structure all we want. Is there any indication that AC is listening and/or interested in adjusting them at all? Given the relatively minor (and so far, mildly positive) tweaks so far for 2019/2020, I assume that with the way things are set up right now, they're seeing the results they want to see.
Old Nov 23, 2018, 10:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by shadowspar
In all seriousness, we can propose tweaks to the Altitude qualification structure all we want. Is there any indication that AC is listening and/or interested in adjusting them at all? Given the relatively minor (and so far, mildly positive) tweaks so far for 2019/2020, I assume that with the way things are set up right now, they're seeing the results they want to see.
Plus, look at the many other programs out there that require both EQM and EQD/spend requirements. AC is no different and people will run into the same "issue", at different requirement levels, in those programs.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.