Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Air Canada Rouge B767-300; What a beater!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Air Canada Rouge B767-300; What a beater!

Search this Thread

Old Nov 21, 2018, 10:17 am

Originally Posted by Jumper Jack
I rather sit in a 767-300 Rogue plus than POS garbage known as Y in 737 MAX or 777HD though
Agreed! In Y, the 767s have one of the best layouts for passengers. Plane's a little older, but comfort level in Y is positively spacious.
Benner likes this.
Old Nov 22, 2018, 7:48 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
I felt the same way when I flew one of the remaining AC mainline 767-300s from WAW-YYZ back in July. Lots of evidence of wear and tear and outright damage on the J seats and throughout the J cabin. It did not make for a very enjoyable flight.
Old Nov 22, 2018, 8:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by CMK10
I felt the same way when I flew one of the remaining AC mainline 767-300s from WAW-YYZ back in July. Lots of evidence of wear and tear and outright damage on the J seats and throughout the J cabin. It did not make for a very enjoyable flight.
I always try to avoid looking at the nasty bits get caught in the cracks.
Old Jun 17, 2019, 4:49 pm
Original Member

Programs: AC SE 2MM, HH Dd, SPG; IC Pl/A; AA; DL
Well I have to fly one of these on Friday to YYZ to get my connect to Frankfurt and stay in front cabin all the way. Any change in condition? Not that it matters. I'd rather travel in bigger seat than in back of an A320 for 4 hours (the other option but with less connect time than I wanted for an intercontinental trip.

Interesting that the AC website would not let me book that connection using the domestic Rouge flight. I had to phone in.

The agent initially had the same trouble that I described to her (she was using the same AC booking engine as me until she said she would have to do it manually! Duh-that's why I called in). She had no end of trouble making the booking and doing the eupgrades (wouldn't take them). The agent could get the flights eventually then someone higher up had to do overrides but got me upgraded all the way to FRA.

She also had trouble selecting the FRA-YVR-YYC return (no Rouge). All in all, I think I was on the phone for 1.5 hours. I could have booked everything cheaper on Travelocity for the exact flights I wanted but it wouldn't let me book the AC flight number from FRA-YYC and only showed itineraries with the LH code share on AC metal (since I am travelling Flex, I wanted maximum potential for upgrade and day of on code share doesn't give me enough "comfort" factor). I don't know if that initial Rouge flight really messed with their system but it WAS PAINFUL!

Edit to add: Now I upgraded return to Prem Econ but that took them half an hour (only $120) since this ticket seems to be possessed by demons Now I am on hold trying to upgrade the domestic YVR-YYC B fare portion (upgrade anytime) but the eupgrade website gives me (and the AC agent) error messages. Off he goes to override (1/2 hour later I hope this is done).
YYC3722 likes this.

Last edited by BlondeBomber; Jun 18, 2019 at 8:49 am
Old Jun 17, 2019, 6:32 pm

Programs: AC SE100K 1MM, FB Platinum, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by BlondeBomber
Well I have to fly one of these on Friday to YYZ to get my connect to Frankfurt and stay in front cabin all the way. Any change in condition? Not that it matters. I'd rather travel in bigger seat than in back of an A320 for 4 hours (the other option but with less connect time than I wanted for an intercontinental trip.

Interesting that the AC website would not let me book that connection using the domestic Rouge flight. I had to phone in.

The agent initially had the same trouble that I described to her (she was using the same AC booking engine as me until she said she would have to do it manually! Duh-that's why I called in). She had no end of trouble making the booking and doing the eupgrades (wouldn't take them). The agent could get the flights eventually then someone higher up had to do overrides but got me upgraded all the way to FRA.

She also had trouble selecting the FRA-YVR-YYC return (no Rouge). All in all, I think I was on the phone for 1.5 hours. I could have booked everything cheaper on Travelocity for the exact flights I wanted but it wouldn't let me book the AC flight number from FRA-YYC and only showed itineraries with the LH code share on AC metal (since I am travelling Flex, I wanted maximum potential for upgrade and day of on code share doesn't give me enough "comfort" factor). I don't know if that initial Rouge flight really messed with their system but it WAS PAINFUL!
The Rouge 767’s are in rough shape. I have been on one twice now connecting to transatlantic flights out of YYZ in J. What makes the flight even less enjoyable is the rather unpolished approach of the flight crew. Status wasn’t recognized on either flight and rather than politely asking what I would like for lunch, I was asked “what tickled my fancy”, which I had to ask to be repeated three times as I was actually unsure what I was being asked.

Although the crews on the intercontinental flights tend to be more senior, they generally approach their job with a degree of professionalism that is sorely lacking on Rouge.
Old Jun 17, 2019, 7:49 pm

Programs: AC SE MM; SPG Plat
Rough shape indeed. I was on one last Thursday, YEG-YYZ, in the front cabin, and was, shall we say, underwhelmed. Okay, that's being charitable. That opinion doesn't even consider the hour and a half delay (which meant I caught all of the last minute of the Raptors game).
Old Jun 17, 2019, 8:43 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime PE, AC Altitude SE100K-1MM
Originally Posted by EdmFlyBoi
What makes the flight even less enjoyable is the rather unpolished approach of the flight crew.
So true about the crew! I was on YEG - YYZ rouge, and there was only one person (the in-charge) who seemed like she had some experience. She was definitely telling the others what needed to be done, esp. her partner also serving the front.

The worst part was that after meal service, all of them gathered in the front galley to chat (I was in 1A - never again due to limited leg room and I'm not tall), loud enough that I could hear them despite my noise cancelling headphones. And whenever one left the galley to go to the back, they never bothered to velcro the curtain (although the velcro was so worn it probably wouldn't stick), thus leading to a lot of light seeping into the cabin when pax were trying to sleep. (Well, the older couple behind me who turned both reading lights on didn't help either...sigh.)

Needless to say, I needed a nap to get through the day after arriving in YYZ to recover from flying Rouge.
Old Jun 18, 2019, 11:43 am

Programs: AC- SE100 1MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, National Executive, Nexus/GE
Saturday I flew AC155 YYZ-YYC on C-FPCA Fin 637 and I was in Y, two cabin configuration and this bird is old. This was an old Canadian Plane and the old girls was showing her age. The cabin crew was young, like Rouge with about a third of them with a couple of months of service. I know as I asked and I stood in the back of the plane talking with another flyer for two and a half hours.

Still, rather fly old mainline than Rouge. When Max returns under their new branding, these old birds will fly away and retire.
Old Jun 18, 2019, 11:44 pm

Programs: AA plat, Hertz, gold , Bonvoy gold,IHGplat
Is there any plan to get rid of those that are especially worn and rundown.? Not all of them can be the same.
Old Jun 19, 2019, 10:33 am
Original Member

Programs: AC SE 2MM, HH Dd, SPG; IC Pl/A; AA; DL
deleted

Last edited by BlondeBomber; Jun 19, 2019 at 10:34 am Reason: wrong plane
Old Jun 19, 2019, 10:40 am

Programs: AC 75K
Originally Posted by Srklaw7
Is there any plan to get rid of those that are especially worn and rundown.? Not all of them can be the same.
There are currently no confirmed plans to retire/replace any of the rouge 767s.

The mainline 767s were due to go by end of this year...TBD if the 7M8 grounding will impact that date.
Old Jun 19, 2019, 11:12 am

Programs: AC-SE100K MM, BA-S HH-D, MB-G LT Sil, IHG-Plt, Nexus, Global Entry
Originally Posted by ChrisA330
There are currently no confirmed plans to retire/replace any of the rouge 767s.

The mainline 767s were due to go by end of this year...TBD if the 7M8 grounding will impact that date.
Don't think there is a possibility they stay. It was mentioned in another thread (perhaps the 78Max thread) that many of the 763's are due for a heavy maintenance at the end of the year, and that is why they are being retired.
--
13F
Old Jun 19, 2019, 2:25 pm
Suspended

Programs: Anything with sweet spots
ouch! I will be flying it YVR-YUL soon ;(
Old Jun 19, 2019, 4:03 pm

Programs: AC 35k
Originally Posted by Srklaw7
Interestingly, if Air Canada did what Delta does, we wouldn't notice. They fly old planes, but the interiors are re-done and look new and fresh, much like a reno'd house.
ridefar likes this.
Old Jun 19, 2019, 5:29 pm
5mm
Suspended

Originally Posted by YXUFlyboy
Interestingly, if Air Canada did what Delta does, we wouldn't notice. They fly old planes, but the interiors are re-done and look new and fresh, much like a reno'd house.
Delta only does that because they don't have plans to retire that aircraft. AC also did the same with their DC 9's , 727 and A320's. AC a320's have gone through 3 different major interiors changes/uodates. The 767 are being retired, so that's a different issue

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.