Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Downgraded due to defective seats

Search this Thread

Old Nov 7, 2018, 9:39 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Yes, I find they do a very poor job of communicating issues that result in downgrades. I posted one where my BP for 2A that said J cabin and "business class" let me board a Q400. That's when I found out I wasn't in J.

In my case I still had to take the flight, but I'm surprised they wouldn't be more flexible with you.

Just because it's an upgrade doesn't mean you didn't buy the flight for the upgrade.
Old Nov 7, 2018, 9:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by Stranger
Happened to me on a latitude pass, about a year and a half ago. I have not bought one of these since. Just look for good P fares instead. With the advantages: 150% of miles, and allow for legs on other airlines. In the end, I don't really find I spend more.

I was very upset. (1) they were very inflexible about rebooking, only allowing within the conditions of the pass, which I don't think is correct. (2) Although the equipment change occurred a few days earlier, when I could easily made different arrangements, they waited until the night before to call me.

In the end, I cancelled, rebooked myself out of Rome on the next day, took the train to Rome and had dinner at my favorite place in Rome, Cuoco & Camisia.
Hmmm... rare but still, that kind of sucks. Sorry to hear that. I've purchased about 30 of the East Can Lat FPs and have never been downgraded back to Y yet. *knock on wood*
Old Nov 7, 2018, 12:21 pm

Programs: Aeroplan; Marriott Platinum; IHG Platinum; Best Western Diamond
Originally Posted by zrh2yvr
And - finally - the food? wow !! What happened? It certainly has been downgraded since my last Y-Meal which was probably around 2002. I have to honestly say that it would be considered bad quality even in Prison.!!!
Which prison(s) have you been to, that gave such good food, better than airline food?
Old Nov 7, 2018, 2:05 pm

Originally Posted by yscleo
Which prison(s) have you been to, that gave such good food, better than airline food?
I don't remember the name, but I spent a night in a Bulgarian prison.

Food was edible.
Old Nov 7, 2018, 3:42 pm

Programs: BA bronze, Aeroplan peon
Originally Posted by zrh2yvr
I realize it's not part of this thread but truly the most shocking thing was the food - It is seriously completely a joke. I would not feed any of it to animals, pets let alone humans. It really makes the J-Meals look like 3-star Michelin . . . .
Not only is it bad, it's very salty. From LHR, I have always bought the WH Smth/Boots "Sandwich and a drink for £2.99" (or whatever the price was) special in the terminal and self catered. Their chicken and bacon sandwich is very good, much better than anything AC provided. After the "meal" was served I got envious looks at my sandwich.
Old Nov 7, 2018, 3:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
I sometimes (only after the SD approves the request) "downgrade" my w/b TATL pre-landing J meal to a Monty's Bakehouse wrap. I know many don't like them, but I quite like them.
Old Nov 7, 2018, 4:01 pm

Programs: TK *G
Originally Posted by quantumofforce
I don't remember the name, but I spent a night in a Bulgarian prison.

Food was edible.
What's the story behind? Perhaps we should start a thread about prison/Y meals
Old Nov 7, 2018, 4:04 pm

Programs: AC E75K
Originally Posted by yyznomad
I sometimes (only after the SD approves the request) "downgrade" my w/b TATL pre-landing J meal to a Monty's Bakehouse wrap. I know many don't like them, but I quite like them.
I've done this on LH with the cheese and pickle on rye sandwiches they hand out in Y. Soooo good!!!!
jasdou likes this.
Old Nov 7, 2018, 4:27 pm

Wow this is a really unfortunate incident, sorry to hear what happened OP.
AC might have followed the correct downgrade order, but if I had bought a latitude ticket for the purpose of confirming an upgrade at time of booking and this happened, It would have left a very sour taste in my mouth.
Old Nov 7, 2018, 11:56 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by yyznomad
I did this recently after reading your posts about it.

It was marvelous. Yum.

The SD was so confused.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.