Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Least Expensive Business Fare from YYZ?

Least Expensive Business Fare from YYZ?

Old Oct 18, 18, 4:17 pm
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Toronto
Programs: AC 50K, SPG Lifetime Platinum, Fairmont Platinum
Posts: 2,050
Least Expensive Business Fare from YYZ?

Anyone have tips on a lower fare than YYZ-ORD/LGA (~$350)?
mikeyyz is offline  
Old Oct 18, 18, 4:19 pm
  #2  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: YVR
Programs: AC S100K 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
Posts: 29,291
Originally Posted by mikeyyz View Post
Anyone have tips on a lower fare than YYZ-ORD/LGA (~$350)?
Are you looking for something in J even cheaper for these routes, or literally any flight in J out of YYZ on AC that is cheaper than $350?
yyznomad is offline  
Old Oct 18, 18, 4:20 pm
  #3  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Toronto
Programs: AC 50K, SPG Lifetime Platinum, Fairmont Platinum
Posts: 2,050
Originally Posted by yyznomad View Post
Are you looking for something in J even cheaper for this route, or literally any flight in J out of YYZ on AC that is cheaper than $350?
Literally any flight in J! (in the business cabin, any business/premium rouge fare class)

PMs also accepted/appreciated in case anyone wants to keep their favourite fare quiet.
mikeyyz is offline  
Old Oct 18, 18, 4:22 pm
  #4  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: YVR
Programs: AC S100K 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
Posts: 29,291
Originally Posted by mikeyyz View Post
Literally any flight in J! (in the business cabin, any business/premium rouge fare class)
I can't think of any lower than that. I mean that's already pretty good. Some might come close though, around the $400 range but I think that's manly Rapidair.

I'm sure several leisure routes are pretty cheap like LAS if one looks far enough out?

Do you have specific dates in mind? Is this for an MR?
yyznomad is offline  
Old Oct 18, 18, 5:38 pm
  #5  
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: YYC
Programs: AC SE100K, WS Gold, BA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Accor/Hilton/Radisson/NH Gold
Posts: 6,954
Originally Posted by yyznomad View Post
I can't think of any lower than that. I mean that's already pretty good. Some might come close though, around the $400 range but I think that's manly Rapidair.
If one opts for feminine Rapidair instead, does that result in a pricing premium or discount?
jasdou, 24left, pitz and 1 others like this.
Adam Smith is offline  
Old Oct 18, 18, 7:54 pm
  #6  
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: YYZ
Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
Posts: 5,582
I mean I flew YYZ ORD YYZ for like C$500 in J.
flight out AC, return UA. I suspect the outbound was more than half that though so yeah $350 about right.

Just book the codeshare through UA unless you need the AQD. A few months out. UA did a AC codeshare down to SFO for $600 earlier this year, wide body one. I heard there was a party.

I would avoid flying to LGA between now and May unless you like IRROPs or have a real good reason for going there. But again, $350 is possible if you pick a good date (like Thursday a bit out).
jc94 is offline  
Old Oct 19, 18, 1:07 am
  #7  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: YVR
Programs: AC S100K 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
Posts: 29,291
Originally Posted by Adam Smith View Post
If one opts for feminine Rapidair instead, does that result in a pricing premium or discount?
Oops. I actually meant womanly.
margarita girl likes this.
yyznomad is offline  
Old Oct 19, 18, 11:44 am
  #8  
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: YYZ
Programs: AC*S100K ACMM / HH Diamond
Posts: 2,204
Originally Posted by jc94 View Post
I mean I flew YYZ ORD YYZ for like C$500 in J.
flight out AC, return UA. I suspect the outbound was more than half that though so yeah $350 about right.

Just book the codeshare through UA unless you need the AQD. A few months out. UA did a AC codeshare down to SFO for $600 earlier this year, wide body one. I heard there was a party.
A party? On a flight? No no no no no.

Not at all.

No.

Well, a bit.

https://youtu.be/hGybXqbWnes
canopus27 is offline  
Old Oct 19, 18, 7:35 pm
  #9  
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: YYZ
Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
Posts: 5,582
Originally Posted by canopus27 View Post
A party? On a flight? No no no no no.

Not at all.

No.

Well, a bit.

https://youtu.be/hGybXqbWnes
Yes indeed. Though this is my goto:
jc94 is offline  
Old Oct 19, 18, 9:43 pm
  #10  
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Canada
Programs: Aeroplan E50, HH gold, Nat Exec Elite, Kimpton Karma
Posts: 1,596
Originally Posted by jc94 View Post


Yes indeed. Though this is my goto: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=iRlqmTKyQx0
He was wonderful. “Quote” him all the time.
Bartolo is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: