Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Lounge options in MCO for AC 50K/higher status

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 28, 2018, 7:22 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan SE AND 1MM, HHonors Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum , L'Accor Platinum

One is to go to the UA lounge , in a different concourse,, requiring a different security check.
if one has TSA precheck, then this is slightly easier to do - ie go to 2 securities.

But a priority pass affiliated lounge is in the concourse, close to the AC gates.

I have a priority pass card - so I can get myself (and 1 guest) free of charge to the lounge (this priority pass is a benefit of the AMEX Platinum card).

So a AC 50K or higher status passenger wants lounge access, and wants to stay in the same concourse as the AC lounge, then I guess the only option is the priority pass affiliated lounge.
Can one get into that lounge without a priority pass lounge? I ask, because my wife and 22 yr old daughter will be departing MCO on an AC flight to YOW in a week and a half - my wife has E50K status.
Old Aug 28, 2018, 7:47 pm

Sadly, the lounge options at MCO are extremely limited! As you noted there's a United Club but IME they are nothing to write home about, especially when you're not at a UA hub like MCO - certainly not worth going through security twice! There's also a Delta SkyClub but that's only available when flying certain *A partners (or flying on DL as an AmEx Platinum member).

As for the Priority Pass lounges, you should probably check to see what cards your wife has. While the AmEx Platinum provides free lounge access, other cards (i.e. Mastcard World Elite) offer Priority Pass lounge access at a reduced rate (i.e. $27 USD/person). Checking out the Priority Pass website it seems like the lounges they have over there will be way better than the United Club. Supposing your wife doesn't have discounted access they can always purchase lounge access at a cost of $40 USD/person, which while a bit steep may make sense if you intend on making use of the facilities (i.e. shower, etc.)

Hope that provides some insight.

Safe Travels,

James
Dolphin2 likes this.
Old Aug 28, 2018, 9:51 pm

Programs: AC E35K, NEXUS
You summed it up right. The Club at MCO is accessible with Priority Pass and the UA lounge is airside through the other security.
I think I saw logos of some airlines in The Club, but AC is not one of them because MCO is only a leisure destination. Business travel never occurs there.
I don't suppose you want to spring for the supplementary card and PP pass for your better half? (or maybe it's too short notice to do it.)
Old Aug 29, 2018, 5:59 am

Programs: AC SE
Originally Posted by flyquiet
You summed it up right. The Club at MCO is accessible with Priority Pass and the UA lounge is airside through the other security.
I think I saw logos of some airlines in The Club, but AC is not one of them because MCO is only a leisure destination. Business travel never occurs there.
I don't suppose you want to spring for the supplementary card and PP pass for your better half? (or maybe it's too short notice to do it.)
Welcome back, @flyquiet! We haven't seen you in a while!
flyquiet likes this.
Old Aug 29, 2018, 8:14 am

Programs: AC MM E50 , Former SPG, now Marriott LT Plat
If the wait at MCO is a long one, I'd recommend getting a dayroom in the hotel located by the boarding gates in the terminal.
That is what we did with family of 5 coming off a Disney cruise and facing a 6 hour wait at MCO.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.