Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Am I the only one who will easily cross 100k but come up short on AQDs?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Am I the only one who will easily cross 100k but come up short on AQDs?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22, 2018, 7:47 pm

Programs: status-free
wrt the original question, I'm currently 3 segments and $12,300 AQD short of SE status, so no, you're not the only one...
Old Aug 23, 2018, 9:27 am

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Plat, Hilton G,Nexus, Amex MR Plat,IHG Plat
Originally Posted by johnwb
I've been over in AQD but not on miles which really sucks. I fly mostly last minute so ticket prices tend to be higher. I wish they would scrap miles altogether and move to a purely spend based program. Oh well.
AQM MR are fairly easy and not too expensive specially if not on AC metal
Old Aug 23, 2018, 8:30 pm
Original Member

Originally Posted by WaytoomuchEurope
Mrs WTME cannot be convinced her children can be without us until they are a bit older. The first approved kid-less travel is next summer and it is off to the Maritimes we go.

I can sell her on anything but when it comes to the kids, I defer to her. Because I value my life.
Clearly the Mrs has a closer relationship with the kids than perhaps you do. I suggest you rectify this situation is short order. I would recommend frequently bringing them gifts.

High on the list of gifts might be:
- a drum set
- a sling shot
- a karaoke machine
- a herd of puppies, cats, lizards, or all three
- a chemistry set
- a basic carpentry tool kit (with hammer, at least)
- a box of permanent markers
- etc.

While she might remain convinced the kids cannot be without the two of you, I'm certain in short order she could be convinced that she can be without the kids.

There are always options.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 10:52 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Plat, Hilton G,Nexus, Amex MR Plat,IHG Plat
Originally Posted by KenHamer
Clearly the Mrs has a closer relationship with the kids than perhaps you do. I suggest you rectify this situation is short order. I would recommend frequently bringing them gifts.

High on the list of gifts might be:
- a drum set
- a sling shot
- a karaoke machine
- a herd of puppies, cats, lizards, or all three
- a chemistry set
- a basic carpentry tool kit (with hammer, at least)
- a box of permanent markers
- etc.

While she might remain convinced the kids cannot be without the two of you, I'm certain in short order she could be convinced that she can be without the kids.

There are always options.
Add a Vuvuzela to the list
Plumber likes this.
Old Aug 24, 2018, 7:02 am

Programs: AC S100K, Emirates Gold, Marriott Platinum, Accor All Platinum, Nexus, Global Entry
I am the opposite. . .over $21K already but only at 61K and likely won't SE for the first time in 6 years. . . will be a hard one to swallow (my travel is mainly TATL). . .will be happy if I hit 75K.
Old Aug 24, 2018, 11:49 am

Programs: AC SE, SPG Plat, FPC Plat, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
I’m in the same boat. I’ll be passed the $20k AQD mark, but may not make the AQS/AQMs threshold for SE100k this year.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.