Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

AP flight reward econ ticket and td visa infinite: denied entry to MLL

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AP flight reward econ ticket and td visa infinite: denied entry to MLL

Search this Thread

Old Aug 8, 2018, 9:34 am
Suspended

Programs: AC
Originally Posted by YEG USER
This was my thought too.

https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/.../td-cards.html

There are 2 different personal cards that provide lounge access. The Infinite card appears to provide access once per year, the Infinite Privilege card appears to provide access 4 times per year. Depending on if the OP has accessed the lounge using this benefit previously this year, this could be the issue, although it appears that there is another issue if Zone 2 isn't on the BP.
The Infinite card also only gives you benefits for redemptions only, versus the more expensive $399 Infinite Privilege card gives access to benefits for paid tickets too.
Old Aug 8, 2018, 9:36 am

Programs: AC 35k
If the OP doesn't have the AC*CC on his pass, he cannot use the VISA to get in. Is this a revenue ticket and you are using the mid-class TD Visa (not the $200K+ annual income with a massive annual fee version)? If so, you are not eligible, you have to use the VISA with an Aeroplan ticket. You have to book the Aeroplan ticket with your own account which has to be linked to your VISA for this to work.
Old Aug 8, 2018, 9:44 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by dr_torch
No offence - but if you are in YYC now - a much better option that posting on flyertalk is to go back to the lounge and explain that you are using an AE credit card with this benefit and politely ask why the boarding pass did not let you in.

AC has so many IT issues with their own systems, never mind how they connect to AE and other providers. My guess is it is just a mistake that can be resolved fairy quickly and you can be enjoying a coffee in the lounge.
There were few people behind me and there was only one agent. I didn't wanna cause a scene with people waiting.

No I didn't book the Aeroplan flight reward ticket with my TD AP Visa Infinite (not the priviledge). I would think that if you show your TD Visa, you are good to go. Like how in the past Dec, I showed my TD Visa to get complimentary checked bag on an AP flight reward ticket with no issue.

No never used my TD Visa to get in the MLL before since I've had the card.

I'm in YVR now. Not gonna bother with the MLL here and run into the same issue. Skyteam lounge is good enough.

Perhaps on my way back thru YVR to YYC in a couple weeks, I will see one way or another to try to get to the domestic MLL in YVR
Old Aug 8, 2018, 10:29 am

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
Originally Posted by yyznomad
It can't "just know" though. Like voodoo.
In my case it was the Visa Infinite Privilege card and link here appeared to be my Aeroplan number. I'm not sure what other voodoo was taking place.
Old Aug 8, 2018, 5:42 pm

Originally Posted by seks
There were few people behind me and there was only one agent. I didn't wanna cause a scene with people waiting.

No I didn't book the Aeroplan flight reward ticket with my TD AP Visa Infinite (not the priviledge). I would think that if you show your TD Visa, you are good to go. Like how in the past Dec, I showed my TD Visa to get complimentary checked bag on an AP flight reward ticket with no issue.

No never used my TD Visa to get in the MLL before since I've had the card.

I'm in YVR now. Not gonna bother with the MLL here and run into the same issue. Skyteam lounge is good enough.

Perhaps on my way back thru YVR to YYC in a couple weeks, I will see one way or another to try to get to the domestic MLL in YVR
from what i've read, it didn't say that you need to pay with you td visa, but it does say that you have to use miles from your own account. at the lounge, i was asked for my cc and they need to swip it. (this is written in the terms as well) the boarding pass was scanned also.

since you did not get zone 2 and ac*cc on your boarding pass, my guess is that your card is not linked correctly either with air canada or aeroplan. when i added a bag , i was not charged the first bag fee.
longtimeflyin likes this.
Old Aug 8, 2018, 5:43 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC
Originally Posted by YXUFlyboy
If the OP doesn't have the AC*CC on his pass, he cannot use the VISA to get in. Is this a revenue ticket and you are using the mid-class TD Visa (not the $200K+ annual income with a massive annual fee version)? If so, you are not eligible, you have to use the VISA with an Aeroplan ticket. You have to book the Aeroplan ticket with your own account which has to be linked to your VISA for this to work.
Correct but you do not have to pay for the ticket (YQ/fees) using the card. (the bolded part not directed at you but at some statements made in this thread that are not true.)
Old Aug 9, 2018, 12:41 pm

Originally Posted by longtimeflyin
The Infinite card also only gives you benefits for redemptions only, versus the more expensive $399 Infinite Privilege card gives access to benefits for paid tickets too.
CIBC Infinite Privilege
”You (the primary cardholder) will receive four Air Canada Maple Leaf Lounge One-Time Guest Access Benefits every calendar year (January 1 to December 31). You may access an Air Canada Maple Leaf Lounge, where available, upon presentation of your active CIBC Aerogold Visa Infinite Privilege Card with a valid, same-day boarding pass for travel using an Aeroplan Flight Reward only, on a flight operated by Air Canada, Air Canada Rouge or under the Air Canada Express banner. To access this benefit, you must redeem your Aeroplan Flight Reward with miles from your Aeroplan Account. Each Air Canada Maple Leaf Lounge One-Time Guest Access Benefit applies for a single entry during the calendar year for which it was provided and cannot be carried forward to the next calendar year. As of November 2, 2015, Air Canada Maple Leaf Lounge One-Time Guest Access Benefits associated with the CIBC Aerogold Visa Infinite Privilege Card may be used by a travelling companion, pending space availability, provided the companion is booked on the same reservation as you. Only applicable if the companion ticket is also redeemed using miles from your Aeroplan Account.”

TD Infinite Privilege
”Four Annual One-Time Guest Access Benefits to an Air Canada Maple Leaf Lounge™ with an Aeroplan flight reward

Relax before your flight in the exclusive Air Canada Maple Leaf Lounge: As the Primary Cardholder, you’ll enjoy access to the Air Canada Maple Leaf Lounge, where available, when you present your Card and a valid, same-day boarding pass for travel using an Aeroplan flight reward only on flights operated by Air Canada, Air Canada Rouge, or under the Air Canada Express banner. Simply redeem your Aeroplan flight reward with miles from your Aeroplan account.“
Old Aug 9, 2018, 3:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by seks
im at yyc right now and the plasma premium lounge in A doesnt open till 6am. i figured since i have a td visa infinite, i would have a one time access to the MLL in C, which opens at 5am.

Presented my boarding pass and td visa infinite. Agent scanned my pass but she responded "system not accepting it". i didnt ask why and i just politely said tnx and left.

what am i missing???
Originally Posted by Too_Fly1

CIBC Infinite Privilege
”You (the primary cardholder) will receive four Air Canada Maple Leaf Lounge One-Time Guest Access Benefits every calendar year (January 1 to December 31). You may access an Air Canada Maple Leaf Lounge, where available, upon presentation of your active CIBC Aerogold Visa Infinite Privilege Card with a valid, same-day boarding pass for travel using an Aeroplan Flight Reward only, on a flight operated by Air Canada, Air Canada Rouge or under the Air Canada Express banner. To access this benefit, you must redeem your Aeroplan Flight Reward with miles from your Aeroplan Account. Each Air Canada Maple Leaf Lounge One-Time Guest Access Benefit applies for a single entry during the calendar year for which it was provided and cannot be carried forward to the next calendar year. As of November 2, 2015, Air Canada Maple Leaf Lounge One-Time Guest Access Benefits associated with the CIBC Aerogold Visa Infinite Privilege Card may be used by a travelling companion, pending space availability, provided the companion is booked on the same reservation as you. Only applicable if the companion ticket is also redeemed using miles from your Aeroplan Account.”

TD Infinite Privilege
”Four Annual One-Time Guest Access Benefits to an Air Canada Maple Leaf Lounge™ with an Aeroplan flight reward

Relax before your flight in the exclusive Air Canada Maple Leaf Lounge: As the Primary Cardholder, you’ll enjoy access to the Air Canada Maple Leaf Lounge, where available, when you present your Card and a valid, same-day boarding pass for travel using an Aeroplan flight reward only on flights operated by Air Canada, Air Canada Rouge, or under the Air Canada Express banner. Simply redeem your Aeroplan flight reward with miles from your Aeroplan account.“
from the OP, it seems like the MLL agent only cared about what the screen said after scanning the Op's BP, even though the credit card was also furnished for the agent. So it looks like OP didn't do anything wrong.
Old Aug 9, 2018, 3:52 pm

Programs: E35K, FPC Platinum
TD Visa Infinite or TD Visa Infinite privilege?

The card which gives zone 2, free baggage, and the MLL access for an AE redeemed flight (From AE account ...'d with the card) = Infinite Privilege

Regardless- the first time I used the Infinite Privilege I did not see benefits on my ticket, and had to call and associate my AE account with the cc. Since then, all the benefits apply correctly.
I haven't tried the MLL access on AE redemption though.
Old Aug 9, 2018, 4:08 pm

Programs: Aeroplan; Marriott Platinum; IHG Platinum; Best Western Diamond
Originally Posted by YVRYEGYVR
TD Visa Infinite or TD Visa Infinite privilege?

The card which gives zone 2, free baggage, and the MLL access for an AE redeemed flight (From AE account ...'d with the card) = Infinite Privilege
Infinite also gives that, one MLL visit per year, for reward ticket redeemed on the cardholder's ae account.

But often the system doesn't work. AC's system, CC and ae involved, all point finger to the others.
Old Aug 10, 2018, 11:31 am

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
Originally Posted by aznfreak007
since you did not get zone 2 and ac*cc on your boarding pass, my guess is that your card is not linked correctly either with air canada or aeroplan. when i added a bag , i was not charged the first bag fee.
Originally Posted by yscleo
But often the system doesn't work. AC's system, CC and ae involved, all point finger to the others.
This. While it's possible the OP didn't qualify for some reason the most common reason these things don't work seems to be AC's IT.

If OP confirms everything is as it should be, writing in might get you a one time MLL pass or something.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.