Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

IKK affecting United flights, phone agents have to search "first" for I-class

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 28, 2018, 11:05 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond

I was confirmed in X class for two people on SFO-SBP. My EF alert triggered.

Aeroplan.com said no I space. United and ANA both saw I2.

I recalled something about this before (though I couldn't find a thread about it), so I clicked my IKK button. Wow did that make a difference.

Of course, then I called in...

"I don't see it"
"I see it on Aeroplan.com when I click the button for priority rewards"
"You didn't use a priority reward on this booking"
"Yes I did" (even if I didn't, shouldn't the question be "would you like to use one?" rather than more accusatory?)
"Priority rewards don't apply to United flights"
"Okay, well anyway, I can see it on the website. First, class I, 1607 to 1716."
"Oh maybe if I search for first instead of business..... okay yeah now I got it"

And now I'm confirmed in I class.

Online, I had to check the IKK box to see it, and over the phone, they had to search for first instead of business, even though it's I class, not O class. I suppose the way they coded in the system to display "first" also affects some of their searches.

So if you are ever in a similar situation where you know there's I space on United, but the website or agent can't see it, try clicking the IKK box (if you have status - it won't actually deduct a credit or use double miles since none of these flight options are tagged "PRIORITY") or ask them to search for first class. It may get you the flights you want.
Old Jul 28, 2018, 11:18 am

Programs: AC SE100K, SPG Platinum, Cathay Pacific Gold, club carlson Gold, Le club Accor Platinum
It’s not only affecting United flights but other *A flights as well. Just do a dummy searching on ap (ie: pek-icn) you will find more flight options when searching Ikk than not. It happened to me a few times now. I once wanted to book 17:50 icn-pek on ca but Aeroplan only displayed two other options. I phoned in, the agent couldn’t see the flight either even when she tried direct booking. I told her to pull my lkk, she was in doubt at first but when she pulled my IKk more flight options showed up. The other incident happened to me was when I was booking her-Ath on OA. I had to use the ikk search trick to book my desired flight.
Old Jul 31, 2018, 10:31 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
What's really annoying is that even though I had EF alerts set, they didn't trigger. I used expert mode on United.com and was looking at all fare class availability. I noticed I2 on a flight, and I'm having the exact same issue.

The agent saw the same issue, and was perplexed.

Old Aug 1, 2018, 5:49 am

Programs: AC SEMM / HH Diamond
I can't understand why Air Canada wants to develop their own equivalent to Aeroplan .... the current setup seems to work so well.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.