Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Question: AC8 HKG-YVR blocked seats roll 19-24 77WHD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Question: AC8 HKG-YVR blocked seats roll 19-24 77WHD

Search this Thread

Old Jul 11, 2018, 9:56 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC E25k, NEXUS
Originally Posted by canopus27
Agreed.

"Hello, I'm an E25K, I'm seated in 19K, and I'd like to move my mom so that she can sit next to me please"
"Sorry row 19 to 24 are reserved for passengers with status, the system won't allow me to do it even if I try now." The second call agent said, "They won't open up for online check in. You have to talk to the counter at the airport. But personally I think you'll have good chances because you and your friend picked 19 H and K. Have a good night"
Old Jul 11, 2018, 10:37 pm
m.y

Programs: AC 75k, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by canopus27
Agreed.

"Hello, I'm an E25K, I'm seated in 19K, and I'd like to move my mom so that she can sit next to me please"
To be pedantic, it's P25k
canopus27 likes this.
Old Jul 12, 2018, 6:19 am

Programs: *$ Green
Originally Posted by ksyung
"Sorry row 19 to 24 are reserved for passengers with status, the system won't allow me to do it even if I try now." The second call agent said, "They won't open up for online check in. You have to talk to the counter at the airport. But personally I think you'll have good chances because you and your friend picked 19 H and K. Have a good night"
" Usually, the agents tell me the have a seat override function where they input the PNR of the status member to open up the seats as on the seat map it advises that it is reserved for altitude members. Would you be so kind as to verify with your support desk that this is still an option?"
canopus27 likes this.
Old Jul 12, 2018, 8:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC E25k, NEXUS
Originally Posted by SparseFlyer
" Usually, the agents tell me the have a seat override function where they input the PNR of the status member to open up the seats as on the seat map it advises that it is reserved for altitude members. Would you be so kind as to verify with your support desk that this is still an option?"
Thanks, so I had the script ready when I called this time.

I stated my request, gave all the information, then I was put on hold for almost 5 minutes. Then the agent said: It's all done sir, she has 19J. Is there anything else that I can do for you?

It's simple this time. And thanks for all the insights and help.
canopus27 likes this.
Old Jul 13, 2018, 5:58 am

Programs: *$ Green

I stated my request, gave all the information, then I was put on hold for almost 5 minutes. Then the agent said: It's all done sir, she has 19J. Is there anything else that I can do for you?

You're welcome

Sometimes, knowing what to say and adding a bit of sugar can work things out.
Old Jul 13, 2018, 6:39 am

Programs: AC SEMM / HH Diamond

Glad that it worked out.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.